c10edges

Good Gift For Christmas?

Me being totally not creative with gift giving is running into a really big problem: I have no idea what to get my girlfriend for Christmas! We have been going out for about 3 months. Does anybody remember any fun ideas from their past? Any Help would be appreciated.

Me being totally not creative with gift giving is running into a really big problem: I have no idea what to get my girlfriend for Christmas! We have been going out for about 3 months. Does anybody remember any fun ideas from their past? Any Help would be appreciated.

a bottle of lube and a strap-on! :|

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Ive always been a bit of a hopeless romantic... Grab your iPod and take her for a drive... find a really cool spot down town and take her dancing...just you two in a park, or in front of a cool building like a theatre... listening to the music on your iPod... One of my favs: Holding Back the Years by Simply Red... good slow dance song...

Since that obviously would be hard for her to open on Christmas Morning... You can do a "coupon Book" (makes a good stocking stuffer at least)... Have all kinds of things on it... you clean her house... wash her car... favors (of your liking).. a dinner and a movie... rent a movie of your choice, rent a movie of her choice... if you want to make it a "gift card" you can throw in a shopping spree with you as her personal assistant (well at least to carry the bags and what not).

I find that the regular jewelry or music or expensive chocolates or stuff that is "standard" is good, but if you make the gift original by adding your own little touch she will appreciate it even more... and probably give you that famous line "I have NEVER received anything like this before!"

ok...im done...I jsut lovve christmas season!

yoshi, your good. V-B im not down with shit like that my friend. ;) Sorry but i should have clarified more clearly. We will not be together Christmas so Yoshi's first idea isnt going to work, but i am going to play with the coupon book idea some more. THanks! Skymama: She rides horses and is a very competitive snowboarder, two things that i have zero clue about. Once again thanks

hmmm wont be togather.... well you should grab that video camera off your helmet...and tape yourself just talking to her...or reading a really sweet poem... or video tape yourself making dinner and tell her that it will be ready for her the next time you see her...

Good ideas, Yoshi! B|

To expand on the video thing, how about using this scene from the movie, "Love Actually". You can play a song that's special to you two and hold up cards for some type of message you want to tell her, like "the 10 things I like about you" or something like that. I'd swoon if a guy did that for me!

I love the coupon idea too.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks... Ive always tried to outdo myself.... I know its a bit off subject, but here is the story of how I proposed...It may give you some ideas too for a christmas gift

My fiance was coming home from school, and we were getting ready to head out to my work christmas party at a fairly ritzy restaurant in houston...(last year)...when she got home I was already dressed and in a suit (looking pretty dapper if I may say so myself) I had her take a seat on the couch and told her she could not move...she had to stay on the couch for a minute...

I then got my old PC1 camera and told her to video (damn piece of crap only messed up on like 2 skydiving videos but had to NOT work that night...sooo pissed off about that still)

I digress... so she is sitting there on the couch and I pulled a ring box out of my pocket... I said by now I am sure you have figured out what I am going to say, but I promise you in a few minutes you will have never imagined it would happen like this.... I walked a little closer and opened the box and turned it toward her...to her surprise there was NO RING inside! but a piece of paper that I folded into a rose... I took the rose out and told her it was magical and was made of memories...then I started tlaking about our first date when we went to galveston and went off roading in my jeep...blah blah blah... all the while I was now holding the paper rose... I then spoke of our first dance on the beach that night and as I said "when we danced I felt lighter than air" I levitated the paper rose in between us.... I kept it levitated and motioned my arms all around it to show there were no strings, etc... I made the paper rose dance in mid air with a wiggle of my finger.... after a few I grabbed the rose and unfloded it.

I then spoke, again, of how it was made of memories and was about to create one of its own. after I unfolded the paper I pulled my favorite Mont Blanc pen out of my pocket and drew an image of a ring on the paper... she was a little puzzled, but I assured her that the ring I drew would materialize. I took my pen and shoved it through the paper through the image of the ring... so I was then holding the pen as it penetrated the paper right through the image of the ring and pulled out a lighter...I lit the paper on fire and POOF! in a great big ball of flame the paper was gone and noting but her diamond engagement ring was hanging from the pen right where the image was drawn....

then I took a knee..and the rest is history :):)

I had always been into illusions and slight of hand and I "made" that illusion up for the proposal... it took quite a bit of thinking and putting puzzle pieces together to get it all to work...but it was definitely one that will go down in the books