SpeedRacer

The price of Gold, and ads on television

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/intchart.asp?symb=HUI&time=9&freq=1&comp=&compidx=aaaaa%7E0&compind=&uf=0&ma=&maval=&lf=1&lf2=&lf3=&type=2&size=1&txtstyle=&style=&submitted=true&intflavor=basic&origurl=%2Ftools%2Fquotes%2Fintchart.asp
Last Spring, I saw commercials on TV to get you to buy gold, pointing out how well such an investment had done recently. But in the Spring Gold had hit a market top.

By November, Gold had plummetted. Now I am seeing commercials encouraging you to sell your gold jewelry for cash.

So it would seem to me, when TV commercials tell you to buy gold, it is actually a bad time to buy and a good time to sell, and vice versa. Just do the opposite of whatever the commercials tell you.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quotes/intchart.asp?symb=HUI&time=9&freq=1&comp=&compidx=aaaaa%7E0&compind=&uf=0&ma=&maval=&lf=1&lf2=&lf3=&type=2&size=1&txtstyle=&style=&submitted=true&intflavor=basic&origurl=%2Ftools%2Fquotes%2Fintchart.asp
Last Spring, I saw commercials on TV to get you to buy gold, pointing out how well such an investment had done recently. But in the Spring Gold had hit a market top.

By November, Gold had plummetted. Now I am seeing commercials encouraging you to sell your gold jewelry for cash.

So it would seem to me, when TV commercials tell you to buy gold, it is actually a bad time to buy and a good time to sell, and vice versa. Just do the opposite of whatever the commercials tell you.

Absolutely! If it was such a great buy why would they tell anyone? Their motivation is to drive the price even higher so they don't get left holding the bag...you do.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

My guess would be they dont offer market value then they resell it at the higher market price. Its just a pawn shop on TV :)
Beauty is only skin deep, but ugly goes clean to the bone!

I like to start my day off with a little Ray of Soulshine™!!

What amazes me are those commercials for cash for gold. Mail in your unwanted broken jewelry, etc and get a check the next day.

They don't think greedy post office employees won't know what's in the "mail in this envelope?"

:S

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo