ecnuob

It all started with a pilot chute hesitation

High speed mal, it's gone ASAP. No hard decks have ever been discussed but i will consider that from now on. However I can't imagine an emergent situation were I'm gonna get a look at my alti, in a high speed when time is of the essence what good is it going to do to waste the time looking at it, Cut and Deploy.

Again, please review the SIM or talk with an instructor about EPs.

There are better ways to handle some mals than "High speed mal, it's gone ASAP". One case in point is a horseshoe.

Knowing your altitude in emergency situations is very important. We're not concerned with time, we're concerned with altitude. Your perception of time can very well be skewed...your alti won't lie to you.

On top of that, glancing at your alti doesn't eat up EP altitude unless you are doing nothing else than staring at it.

The scary twisting part was over, life was calm and I was infact doing control tests. .....And was up until 1500 doing control checks, turning, flaring and so on ....It had passed up till that point, I could maintain a heading, steer and slow the canopy. ... It wasn't until I started to do fully practiced landing flares below 1500 that it was clear to me that keeping it completely level while flaring was difficult.

Do you see any discrepancies here?

would you prefer i was looking at my alti whilst pulling?

Short answer, yes.

...I'm going to have to make a cutaway decision based on instantaneous gut feeling and without all the facts.

One important fact is altitude. Gut feeling will lead you astray. Adrenaline does wonderful things to the body and mind.

Exactly, the only moment of rushed feeling was during the spins and line twists, clam, unrushed, levelheaded decision making is what took place after that

Well, what you describe comes a little short of that but still, all in all, you are alive, walking and talking and that's a good thing.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Slow to get stood up,...
...Post mortum: Kill line and internal cords of pilot chute had separated from the top of the pilot chute, so pilot chute was essentially a streamer.

What you describe is not a pilot chute hesitation. You describe a pilot chute in tow.

Big difference.

Please refer to the SIM or an instructor for emergency procedures for the two.

What makes you say that? Pilot chute in tow was a possibly occurance but i would have to say this was far from, extraction was slow then normal but still occurred quickly. I'd be willing to be that no one would have gone to PC in tow EP's within the amount of time between pull and canopy opening.

This is why:
You said, "...so pilot chute was essentially a streamer."

Typically, and by far more often than not, a "streamered" PC is going to result in a PCIT.

Maybe you meant that was what it looked like on the ground after the fact and not in the air, eh?
Maybe a hesitation cleared itself quickly, eh?

If I didn't get rotated as normal I would be looking over my shoulder to see what was going on. Sometimes what you see makes you mad.
For example, "Now WTH made that bridle tie up the PC like that?">:(

And no, a PCIT does not necessarily take a lot of time before the bag extracts. A good solid one like a mis-routed bridle might be there forever while a damaged PC may have enough oompf to extract and remove the bag. Sounds like yours had the oompf, eh?

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239