cornishe

making saves is awesome!

riggers, you people are the best.

I'm not an FAA rigger, but have made a number of base jumps over the last year and a half. I packed for 5 or 6 people on bridged-day, all first time base jumpers and man it was SO FUCKING GREAT to see their faces and gratitute after they used their first and last chance at a good canopy. Hugs, thank yous, and big smiles were received. This obviously makes up for the shitty money you guys make. :P

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

riggers, you people are the best.

I'm not an FAA rigger, but have made a number of base jumps over the last year and a half. I packed for 5 or 6 people on bridged-day, all first time base jumpers and man it was SO FUCKING GREAT to see their faces and gratitute after they used their first and last chance at a good canopy. Hugs, thank yous, and big smiles were received. This obviously makes up for the shitty money you guys make. :P

A few years ago, I was at Eloy. I had the opportunity, to watch a young B.A.S.E. jumper pack his 'only' chance. I was really impressed with the way he packed. Since then, much of that method has become a part of the method for packing reserves. It's really cool, to see an exchange of ideas like that. You B.A.S.E. guys are pretty cool!;)

Chuck

Yes, I saw that look on a student's face just last week when he deployed a Tempo 250 reserve that I had packed.
And yes, most of my reserve canopy folding techniques were developed by those dirty, rotten, low-pulling BASE jumpers at Basic Research ... er ... .Apex BASE.

While I was under supervision for my rating I had three saves!!

Since I've had it I haven't had one (is that just me or does that sound wrong :S) used in need. And I'll be quite happy if no-one ever tests my packs again :D
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.