rhino

X-Mod or just a new line set on my FX86..

I like the X-mod on my X-FX99 and X-VX93.

Peformance issues aside, my HMA lines last longer than Vectran. And when I re-line my canopies, I won't need a rigger to fingertrap or bartack anything -- all the lines are larks-headed at the attachment points. In exchange for a little more $ up front, I save a lot later on.

Mark

Contact Mel at SKYWORKS Parachute Service he is the authorized rigger for Icarus. He will give you a quote over the phone. He is in South Carolina.

Ph:864-429-8428

I don't remember exactly how much he charged to reline my FX but it was around $200 and he was super fast.

Hope this helps.

Forgot to add that Icarus does not reline canopies. They have 2 authorized riggers, one on the east coast (Mel), one on the west. Check Icarus website.

I've sent a number of emails to Precision about the XMods and have never received a reply. I thought perhaps they were not doing it anymore. I'm sure glad that they are.
I'm pretty disappointed by their lack of response to email, I guess I'll have to breakdown and call them.

Or install the lineset yourself and you only pay just under $200 for the lines themselves.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Then pay your local Master Rigger another $200 to "fix" your work because you did not understand the finer points of Icarus suspension line installation.
Hee!
Hee!