futuredivot

Am I friggin blind?

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20090107/NEWS01/90107019/1074

She was reported missing Saturday, i drove past this twice on sunday and didn't even notice signs of a wreck-It wouldn't have mattered on the outcome, but if I were paying attention it could have saved the family a few days of uncertainty. I'll go back by when I get home but there had to be some indication of a wreck:(
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

If it was at night when you were passing by it would be easy too miss it. Don't feel too bad about it bro. Sad case though - I wonder what happened. [:/]

Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Sunday at 9:30 amand just after noon (to and from church) and over 13 years in emergency services-I know what a wreck looks like, even if the car isn't seen (I'm not going to try to type visible while drunk)

I didn't know you worked in emergency services. Still though, you're human and thus it's possible for anyone to not see something, expert or not.

Just sayin' - don't beat yourself up over this.
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Thanks bro. I had a similar incident when i was active an I ended up having to tell Dad that his college student daughter drowned. Next to zipping the bag on a 4 year old boy and his mom (cause we couldn't get the bodies apart after the fire)-it was the toughest thing I've ever done. The whole thing just starts a series of memories that I'd rather leave in the past but can't seem to ditch
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

That sucks. I remember reading about a fatality years ago on I-20 near Pell City. Some car had sort of run off the shoulder but didn't really wreck. Almost as if it had been abandoned or broke down. I remembered seeing that car for a few days in a row, thinking it was probably broken down and the owner had to leave it until they could get it towed, etc. Well, when somebody finally checked on it, there the driver was, still in the driver's seat slumped over, dead. Heart attack. You couldn't see him if you drove by. Had been there 4 days, with thousands of cars passing by every day in clear view. Geez... [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'll go back by when I get home but there had to be some indication of a wreck:(

I have no doubt you'll find something. But before you beat yourself up, look carefully along any stretch of road. Skidmarks, dented guardrails, scuffs/tracks in the shoulder all that stuff. If you stop and investigate each one, you'll never get anywhere.
Since the wreck wasn't found for several days, I'm sure a lot of people went past the scene without seeing it. I wonder how many police that knew she was missing went past it.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Am I friggin blind?

Well . . . umm - how hard do you have to look for your feet and winky?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Am I friggin blind?

Well . . . umm - how hard do you have to look for your feet and winky?

Only via a mirror is that possible. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban