skymama

Texas Hold 'Em

Oh gosh, that's so confusing. Maybe I'll just take Andy's advice, go out early and drink the rest of the night!

See! You got it right off the bat!!!!!!

You either win or you get to go party early!
Fail-safe Win-Win!

Geez...all those guys giving advice and it's really just too simple to pass up.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I played for the first time last summer... had a blast! Total beginners luck! I had a general idea of good and bad hands.... if I knew I wasn't even close to having a good hand I folded. If it was semi good I played the table.

We were staying with some friends and they would not let us pay for anything.... well it got down to the owner of the home and me.... I went all in (knowing I had a shit hand) so he could win the pot!

We laughed so hard all night long. Just go to have a good time. Don't stress, if it's a friendly game everyone at the table will help you learn.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

DO what I do...fold crap hands and when youve got a nice pocket pair, raise high. That will eliminate (usually) several people from the pot. Then wait for the flop and if you get trips go all in. Sure you could get beat by a straight or a full house but its 60 percent luck 40 percent skill. Be agressive...youll have a better chance.

I understand your position - I on the other hand like the final heads up. I'll usually go with the last 3-5 players on what they want to do, but do like a good game of heads up.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hey, on a separate note - have you ever played in a limit game. I played for he fist time at the Desert Diamond in Tucson. 8/16 and 20/40 limit... you better be on game - talk about teaching you discipline.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.