AggieDave

C-130 boogie video

Here's video from the C-130 boogie a few year ago, the only year they had a free beer and chili night before doing big-ways the next morning. Things didn't turn out so well, though.

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=184137&ESRC=dod.nl
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Here's video from the C-130 boogie a few year ago, the only year they had a free beer and chili night before doing big-ways the next morning. Things didn't turn out so well, though.

http://shock.military.com/Shock/videos.do?displayContent=184137&ESRC=dod.nl

There are reasons I like my job.B|
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

My guess is a landing accident destroyed the outboard portion of the left wing. Obviously in a location that wasn't amenable to salvage. Not wanting to leave anything for the enemy, it had to be demoed. Too bad, lots of nice parts still left on that plane.[:/]

I guess it's a common occurrence in military operations, blowing up stuff you have to leave behind. [:/]

Why, all of a sudden, did I start thinking about mushrooms?
:S

Did I remind you that I live in Japan or did you have a flashback from your daily activities in the 60's?:ph34r::P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

During OIF 1 I think we had 2 crash on unimproved or damged runways. The AF crews usually take every thing off that needs little to now repair for salvage, if the situation allows.

Matt

The Marine Corps, on the other hand, usually has nothing worth salvaging, as about 99% of everything we ever get is on it's last legs or past that point when we receive it from the branch of service that no longer wants it. Then again, for some reason, we still strip it down to the bones... probably to turn the metal in to a scrap yard so we can afford new bullets. The old ones get mangled after 2-3 uses.:D

OH! so that explaines the "every Marine a Rifleman" thing!:P

Matt

Of course... Do you really expect that helicopter or C-130 to work once it lands to pick you up in the Marine Corps? Hell no... "Sorry gents... the bird broke again. Looks like we're humpin' the 60 miles back to base.":S

DOH!!!:D