wmw999

Health & Casualty Insurance Poll

OK, there doesn't seem to be an option to search for old polls. Just trying to get a feel for how many people are with and without health insurance, for whatever reason, in what could be supposed to be a high-risk pool. Aren't you glad that it's anonymous?

And if I left your particular option out, feel free to enlighten me...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Don't jump any more, but when I did we had health insurance through the company I worked for. We had a benefit meeting one day & a few friends of mine started laughing & pointing at me. When asked the insurance guy said I WOULD be covered for a skydiving related injury.

Now days I maintain my own health insurance, & am thankful for it as I had a heart attack last November that laid me up for 3 days in the hospital. The hospital bill came in early last month & I almost swallowed my tongue. I paid a total of $500. The bill was for $107,000+. :S

I'm fine now, thank you!

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Thanks for referring me to this thread Wendy, it is a better one for my question. What states have the best and worst medical care for the uninsured?
While jumping in Arizona I heard that they have a really good plan, while Louisiana is not so good. As more people jump without coverage in these hard times, it may be good to know.
But what do I know?

What about an option for: I have health insurance, I skydive, but I have no idea if my policy covers skydive related injuries? ;)

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251