The111

HTML gurus, help me

I'm working on integrating streaming HD video into my website (flash). I'm getting it close to how I want it to look, but I'm pretty inexperienced with flash (and not much more experienced with HTML).

Please check the following pages and view source:

http://www.matthoover.com/gallery/skydiving-videos/Z-Flock_4.0-HD.html
http://www.matthoover.com/gallery/skydiving-videos/Puerto_Rico_2008-HD.html

I am trying to create a border around the whole flash object (player + controls), but the bottom bit of the border is getting cut off. I'm sure there's a much better way to do this?

Here it is right now snipped from the source:

Get Adobe Flash player

Edit: cool, I broke DZ.com...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Either you fixed it already or I'm an idiot, but it looks perfect to me. I am not at my computer and this computer won't let me view the source, just what you put in your post... but yeah, there is a border on the bottom of the player on both pages. It isn't cut off from what I can see. I hope I read your question correctly... [:/]

I don't have a license for this.

I now tried it in FF5 and IE7... looks the same as before. If you have software that lets you take screen shots, I would understand a little more of what you see. I see the "ridge" border around the flash box with no white under it... from what I imagine, you could mess around with the height and width ... but again, I don't see the white, so don't do that. :P I'm sure someone that gets paid for it could tell ya what to do without seeing the problem. The code looks right after quickly looking over it. I just don't see what is wrong. I wish I were more of a help... :(

BTW. I took your code and ran it through my browser offline, and it looked the same...
You could get an HTML editor and see if that shows the problem. I used Evrsoft First Page a few years ago... Take Care.

I don't have a license for this.

try adding "overflow:hidden;" in the styling of the div with all the border stuff. Your flash player is just slightly bigger and gets out.

tip: have you ever used FireBug?

You are a genius Andrea! It worked! What other secrets are you hiding?

I haven't updated all the pages yet but here is a sample where it is working well:

http://www.matthoover.com/jw.html (just a test page where I've tried lots of changes and different video encoding methods)

It's funny, the border IS sized properly but it's as if there's an invisible black bar below the player that shouldn't be there, so now the border is able to sit on top of that. People on other forums kept telling me to lower the bottom border, and yes it became visible then, but then there was also a black gap between border and player. Getting it to "sit on top" of the player is exactly what I was hoping there was a way to do.

Haven't tried Firebug, was asking for help on other forums and got no good answer like I did from you, but they suggested that too, I'll check it out soon.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com