martimarr

rookie

[:/] NEW TO THE SPORT,FRESH OUT OF AFF AND LOOKING FOR A RIG. DON'T KNOW WHAT SIZE MAIN I SHOULD GET. I'M LOOKING AT USED RIGS AND DIDN'T KNOW IF I SHOULD LOOK FOR AN EXACT SIZE OR IF IT COULD GO IN FROM ONE TO ANOTHER (LIKE 190 TO A 220 OR WHAT? I'M 6' 1" AND 175 LBS THANKS FOR ANY HELP AND ADVICE.

Just a suggestion but if you trusted your instructors to look after you through your course you may like to trust them now that you are loking for gear. They will know better than most what would be good for you now. If you are worried about biased advis from them you can always post their suggestions and get feedback from people that way.

Good luck and welcome to the rest of your life
K
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

[:/]man is it that hard to get some opinions on here.;)Must be a touchy subject,:ph34r: Is there a weight to sq ft ratio or something like that? And by the way I do trust my DZ instructors but as I work two jobs 7 days a week have a Wife and two kids it is a little harder to get out there than to get on here.I'm in the process of talking with them about a Rig but thought I would ask you guys for some advice about what to talk about and look for. Thanks for any input and Blue Skies.B| PEACE

It's a hard question to answer 'blindly' on-line.
It's like asking what kind of food should I eat, ask 10 people and you'll get 11 different answers.

You're best bet would be to continue doing searches on this website and read up on everything you possibly can.....and then, still go with what those that know you in person recommend.

And even then I would ask several instructors that you trust before getting anything.

The topic has been discussed too many times to count, which is why you may be getting slow responses...

...any yes there is a recoginzed canopy size to weight ratio. For a begginner you will want to stay at 1:1 or larger for a while, depending on your skill.

And again, that is only a 'basic' answer, I don't know what kind of shape you're in, if you have all your limbs, if you can walk & chew gum at the same time...all things to consider when choosing a canopy and container.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~