iluvtofly

A serious question...

Ok...this is a serious post with a serious question. (Hard to believe I know.)

2 months ago I made a big move down to the Atlanta area. I'm still working on getting my life straightened out. I have found what looks like a great class that I want to take. I'm debating between the CNA course or the Phlebotomy course at this school. Either one would allow me to get a better paying job to hold me over while I get through nursing school (my ultimate goal).

Here's the problem...I don't have the money for the class. Would I be able to take out any sort of student loan for this? I know I won't get approved for a personal loan from my bank. I'm going to take a tour of the school this Thursday. So I'll ask more questions then. I'm just curious as to what all of my options are.

2 months ago I made a big move down to the Atlanta area. I'm still working on getting my life straightened out. I have found what looks like a great class that I want to take. I'm debating between the CNA course or the Phlebotomy course at this school. Either one would allow me to get a better paying job to hold me over while I get through nursing school (my ultimate goal).

Here's the problem...I don't have the money for the class. Would I be able to take out any sort of student loan for this? I know I won't get approved for a personal loan from my bank. I'm going to take a tour of the school this Thursday. So I'll ask more questions then. I'm just curious as to what all of my options are.

Why not let Obama pay for it. OR you could dye your skin and develop an accent - then he would HAVE to pay for it - Umm - I mean - WE will.

Yes - That was a serious reply. Seriously.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

There's no Financial Aid info on the website?

All they say on the web site is payment plans available. What I got from my phone conversation it sounds like I wouldn't be able to afford their payment plan. So I'm trying to figure out other options.

Cna course is nothing but cleaning asses and dumping/emtying urine bags...

get lic as a Phlebotomist and start turning in applications to work in a hospital but not as a medical staff. As a receptionist. after 90 days and your foot is in the door you can transfer to the medical side if you have the background. I have seen this done time and time again. The hospital after your 90 days will pay you to continue your education. they will give you (based on the hospital) 1200-2500 per semester.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

From my experience with finding financial aid for my son for this fall, all student loans and grants required a FAFSA application before they'd even consider giving him any help. Have you done that yet?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

www.fafsa.gov - Pell Grant (this has been a God send getting me thru school) money you don't have to repay...

or just google student loans, most (if not all) don't do a credit check... Mine are thru Student Assistance Foundation www.safaccount.org (I think...:P) good luck!

PS I would go with the Phlebotomy class, will be a lot more helpful towards becoming a nurse, while CNA's are needed and respected, when it comes down to it, they don't really do more than wipe butts and all of the other things the RN's and LPN's don't want to do....:)

If you want to be CNA a lot of Nursing homes will pay to train you for the gig. Do some shopping around and find out. There may be one or two in your area, and you wouldn't have to pay a penny out of pocket.

As for Phlobotomy I haven't seen anyone who has cotten that certification actually use it. From all who I have seen there is a basic certification, and then there are other certifications that you can get as you gain experiance.

Although If you started working for a hospital. Be it in the Housekeeping dept, or whereever I know a lot of hospitals will train people to fill positions like X-Ray Tech, or even RN.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192