Muenkel

The last American Idol critique for 2009

Overall, I felt tonight was really blah for a finale competition. Here's how I saw it:

Round 1: Both had to do songs they sang earlier in the season. Adam did 'Mad World' and Kris did 'Aint No Sunshine'. In this round, I agreed with Simon that Kris was better. While Adam's vocals were perfect, he added too much theatrics that I found distracting. Last time he performed this song he was sitting in a chair and he let his vocals soar. Kris OTOH sat at a grand piano and actually did a better version than previous vocally. His phrasing was better as well as the arrangement.

Round 2: This was producer's choice. I have to give this one to Adam despite his trademark screeching. Kris was quite bland in his version.

Round 3: The AI winner's song that was co-written by Kara. The song itself really sucked. This round may have been a draw but I personally felt it suited Kris' style more. As the judges said, it may have been in a high key for Kris but he handled it well. Adam was typical Adam.

My guess for the winner: I honestly do not know. Kris might have the edge as I feel he was more likely to pick up the Danny votes but I honestly don't know.

I'm still a Kris fan as his style and creativity is more to my liking.

It would be nice to get a vote in. I've been getting mostly busy signals.

That must have been an indication your guy was going to win Chris.

I am not surprised that Kris won even though I would have voted for Adam....like Simon wanted everybody to vote.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I'm still a Kris fan as his style and creativity is more to my liking.

I think you speak for most of the country, outside of Los Angeles and New York. If you think about it those locations are more Broadway oriented and most likely were Adam supporters. The 'average american' is more likely to listen to a crooner than a screamer.

I had to feel a bit sorry for our secretary today. She was 0/2 this season of reality shows. She was voting for Giles (Dancing with the Stars) and Adam (American Idol). Both eye candy, but not enough to identify with the 'average joe' of America.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Adam had a lot of supporters in the hinterlands of Canada....but a lot of people that liked Kris better for the reasons everybody has expressed.

The silver lining for Adam...he doesn't have to record that song by Kara and be associated with it forever. He's going to do just fine without winning. I wouldn't be surprised if Brian May from Queen offered him a gig singing for them. He's got the flamboyance and vocal ability.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I'm always checking this site last...........I was truly bummed Adam didn't win, but he's better off. He doesn't have to sing "No Boundaries" over again! Kris and Adam have become great friends and that's nice to see.

Adam has had an offer from Queen and Kiss to perform whenever! Adam is on his way to being a super star.

If Adam 'screams', he does so in perfect pitch!

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.