jtnesbitt

The Vendor Client Relationship - In Real World Situations

So after venting to a coworker about one of my AE's pain in the ass clients hanging up on me today they shot me this link.

It's hysterical, but unfortunately I have to deal with it everyday. :S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2a8TRSgzZY
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

I sent this to the rest of the marketing group. We go through this all the time. And you know that the guy that says he'll roll the cost in to the next order isn't the guy you'll be working with on the next order.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

I'm in advertising/marketing too plus production, so i always hear almost all those examples every day. People cant seem to wrap their head around the idea that just because a product is an intangible doesnt mean it isnt a product.

I have watched it like 10 times in an hour, i love it. I wish i could send it to my client database ;)

"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

11 years ago I went from being in Engineering to being in Client Relations (Sales). My Boss told me on the first day, "Never Forget, The Customer ALWAYS Lies".

Now after 11 years, I can say with 100% certainty that so far he has been Correct.

The other great tidbit of wisdom he gave that same day.. If we are loosing a Nickle per unit, Don't tell me we will make it up on volume. We just loose more nickles.B|>:(>:(

Being a "client" I can tell you it's the consumers that are driving this attitude. People for some reason have gotten the idea that internet or catalog pricing is mean pricing and they should be able to find a better deal at a retail shop.

Oh and just like Thanatos says....the customers does ALWAYS lie. Also they like to try to take advantage of my expertise and then take their money somewhere else. When I realize what they're doing they actually get offended when I'm not so forthcoming. And THAT'S when I'm honest...

"Don't think I don't know what you're doing. You spend an hour of my time asking questions and then go and spend your money online. Now I have a business to run if you're done wasting my time"
www.FourWheelerHB.com

I catch tech calls too. It kills me when i get a call and the caller quotes a competitor's part number.

Sir, that unit is made by X, not us. You need to contact them for support.

Well, i tried but they don't offer support, why can't you help me?

Sir, it's not my product. if you had bought ours, I'd be in a position to assist.

Well, i wanted yours, but there's was a lot cheaper.

Well, sir. Now it's broken and you can't get any help so you're going to have to buy another one. how much cheaper does that work out to>:(>:(

You are only as strong as the prey you devour

haha. Story of my life.

"I know you are selling this rig for $3500, but I was wondering if you would take $2000 as that's all I have".
Well, why not buy a $2000 rig then ???

Or the ones who want a try'n'buy sent out but "won't be able to come up with the money to pay for it until 3 weeks from now".

So many consumers are spoiled brats, that sometimes I question my sanity after spending a lifetime in retail.

It's like those guys who buy new canopies and then land them in the trees - where's the common sense ???