playboywillis

Best brand canopy

a South African company built a line of canopies called "ZP." They competed roughly with original Sabres, but any still available are worn out or "closet queens."

actually 'parachute systems'(formerly chute shop) still make them and they are now called ZPexe , they are the square casnopy and the hurricane is the elliptical. the contaners vortex2 are very good and have been updated with all the mod cons. like sabres zp's can open fast.
but they are just as good as a sabre. i owned one for a bit and the current owner is very happy with it.:P

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Even a demo jump onto a race-track.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

With only 35 jumps?

You are in so deep ... you don't have a clue where the bottom is!
This type of rapid progression is normally reserved for chicks with big tits .... or guys who supply the DZO with recreational drugs.
Hah!
Hah!

It has a reputation for being a bit more forgiving than the other two.

That's the advice I've taken with my purchase, anyway. Since I have one jump on a Sabre2 and none on a Safire2, it's only second-hand I guess.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Even a demo jump onto a race-track.

Was it an intentional landing? Or just a plain offzone landing into the field in the middle of a racetrack adjacent to the dropzone?

Many people have done a few "farmer's demo jumps" into farmland adjacent to the dropzone when they couldn't make it back to the dropzone. ;)

I thought people couldn't do demos till a D rating and exhibition rating, so there must be more to this story...

Why might you go the Pilot over and above Sabre 2 or Safire 2?

2 reasons --- I have owned all of them and like the pilot as a canopy because it is not prone to high speed spinning line twist where the others are, it flys straight with line twists and I have packed it like shit and it doesn't slam me.

2nd reason is I am a sponsored instructor -- not that would change my mind -- I jump my pilot with a wingsuit 95% of the time and it lets me enjoy the flight without the worry of the canopy opening -- always flies straight and opens soft.

There was an incident with a Sabre 2 at a local dz where the opening was so hard it broke risers -- that would hurt me.

I can get a decent turf surf out of the pilot also

As for the safire -- I didn't care for the flare -- it tended to stall before I was ready to run -- it was highly loaded for a safire though so take that into consideration.

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Ok. Most of the things I'm hearing is about the Pilot. I'll definately take a look at that and some sabers. I've had some hard openings but if you wrap the nose and tail it does take the edge off quite a bit.
The "demo" jump was just an "off dz" jump. Therefore the term. Yes it was planned. No one was there. Landed in the pit. D license? I wouldn't know.

Ok if you don't think I know what I'm doing. I'll find out. Thanks for caring.

I've probably got all the advice I need. Let the topic die...

edited for spelling

"My favorite manuever is passing out, and waking up on the ground."