Nutts

New Rig?????????????

Start off with a:
container
cypress
main canopy
reserve canopy
Tha is the bare minimum to do a skydive. How much do you weight will determine your wing loading and the size of your canopy. do a research about what canopy have you fly so far and what do you like dislike about it and talk to your instructors, maybe you want to go with RSL and the different types or option for containers.

Thats a start
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Cheers

I have flown with Wings, Next and paratec containers.
Navigator, spectre and sillhoette canopy's and had a
pD reserve flight on my 13th jump!! Nice down plane.
So I understand the bare minimum but adivce on the brands would be good. I think a 190 canopy would be a good start, but what container etc.

any ideas.
Nutts
Make mine a blue sky, please!!!

About brands is up to the person buying it and some DZ culture plays a role, what did you like about the canopies you had the chance to test? whats your exit weight? If you ask my opinion I think Sabres 2 are and execellent canopy to start, PD reserved seems to be the best in the market aldo I have a Raven in one of my containers (save my life once too) the other one is PD_R The most important factor to me selecting equipment is your wing loading under a main and reserve and the container should be freefly friendly no flaps flying around even if you're not gonna try FF for a while just for the peace of mind that flaps won't come out with the ocasional front loop or back loop or whatever, I would stay away from riser cover with velcro and used equipment that is not FF friendly. Now that is just me ask around.
http://web.mac.com/ac057a/iWeb/AC057A/H0M3.html

Grafico is right, that is the best advice someone can give you.
It is the best thing you can do at this time because you are still at a learning process and when you have around 150 jumps you are goina want to downsize. Buy a used complete system and save money for jumps.
good luck

Hi,

I am new to the sport, and would like advice on rigs,
well everything.

I have 31 jumps, and have achieved FS1 in 8 days.
I now need kit!!!
Any thoughts
I await your replys.
Nutts

You should've spoken to Barry while you were in Lillo...It might be worth e-mailing him about it?

Hey Sparko,
did i say I was in Lillo?
Well I spoke to Barry, but was advised to check out all the options rather than once piece of advice.
Although Barry's chat was good, he is liked to Aerodyne. His adivce was NEW, Icon and Pilot with Smart.

Still thinking about it.

Where you from?
Nutts

I know he's ordered at least one Wings for someone because Aerodyne don't do tie-dye ;)

Will be there in a week's time to measure and order, and I still just don't know. I was all set to go Icon, but now I'm leaning back towards Wings EXT. Since the whole reason (back on-topic) for my going with new gear was being a shape that made second-hand gear impossible to come by, why not go the extra mile and get a container designed for folks like me? The price difference is about seven dollars...

[edit: Barry hasn't been the only person saying Pilot and Smart for canopies, though. That decision still seems sound. And I'll probably end up buying an Icon regardless, just because IMO they look one point cooler. Am I that shallow? Apparently I am :$]
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I know he's ordered at least one Wings for someone because Aerodyne don't do tie-dye ;)

that might have been me lol :$ not that, that was the only reason! I dont really know why i went for the wings over the icon, it was quite an impulse buy really, but i couldnt be happier with it! (see attachments...)

and yes i went for the pilot and smart at well...

yeh i was, hi craig, hows life? you jumped since you got back?

to be fair the rig is spotlessly clean in that pic but yeh i did stack it in on the first few jumps (it probably looked worst after i crashed into the concrete wall hehe) but the last 20 or so have been pretty good...

Hey Jill,

yeah jumped the day after i returned and last Sunday. Met up with Ian Brown, from My AFF course.
It was a good day. Ian also fell into dyke, V funny!!
I Landed in a fresh cow pat!! ha!

Just trying to decide what kit to invest in.