lintern

Packing - leaving 24 inches of line between the last stow and the risers

Last weekend I just had a loop, and kept it out of the way (not hard, with all of the other lines stowed). During the week I put another rubber band in the middle of the bag for the next to last stow -- I'll see how that works.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I have been a packer for about 9 months and have learned alot. I mean ALOT not only from our DZO but he is also a rigger.Not only that out Chief Packer is a Rigger in training. I have had a cut away from leaving to much line creating a tension know.I wasnt a horrible mal but the jumper didnt feel like he could steer propely.And i have packed my gear(DZ rental gear) with really short stows and have regretted it.I found when i have the last stow pullin out when i put it in the bag i get SLAM openings and a few line twist before i even open.. But i also jump a orignal Sabre, so slams are not unusual.i belive that 12'-18' is the right way. But thats my opinion.

I found when i have the last stow pullin out when i put it in the bag i get SLAM openings and a few line twist before i even open.. But i also jump a orignal Sabre, so slams are not unusual.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My original Sabres (135, 150 and 170) only slammed me when I packed sloppily.