normiss

who are these jumpers?

well for sure it isn't Peter

No, but he might know who it is.

Nope, not me. It's stock stuff they spent money on, in spite of me telling everyone in marketing who will listen that I can get this kind of stuff, and have much stock of my own.

I have this theory about marketing departments that they think if you're a professional within the company, you can't possibly be professional at anything else - or even good enough to meet their "standards".

Read the last couple chapters of book 2 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (or the last episode of the TV series - I don't recall where it was inteh radio series). The part where the marketing committee on prehistoric Earth was arguing about the difficulties they've been having with the invention of the wheel and showing their prototye (hexagonal with the axle attached to the side of the wheel, rather than through it). Ford says "Difficulty??!?! It's the single simplest machine in the entire universe!!" and the marketing chick says "OK, Mr. Wise Guy, you're so smart - You tell us what colour it should be!"

(>o|-<

If you don't believe me, ask me.

The part where the marketing committee on prehistoric Earth was arguing about the difficulties they've been having with the invention of the wheel and showing their prototye (hexagonal with the axle attached to the side of the wheel, rather than through it). Ford says "Difficulty??!?! It's the single simplest machine in the entire universe!!" and the marketing chick says "OK, Mr. Wise Guy, you're so smart - You tell us what colour it should be!"

:D:D Sounds like so much of the management I work with. :D