virgin-burner

Zyban or Champix/Chantix

this is now day 2 without smoking; there's a set of pills you're supposed to take for the first 2 (?) weeks with weaker pills.. since they didnt have it in the pharmacy, i went straight to the hardcore-stuff.. first day was hell, felt like a zombie on extasy!

chantix blocks the receptors for nicotine and adds dopamine. sounded like a cool mix to me, and so far, it seems to work quite well. of course it doesnt break the "habit", but reduces the craving considerably.. altough yesterday evening.. so i went to bed really early and got myself entertained with the "vivid dreams".. like all drugs that mess with your brain-chemistry, the list of side effects is pretty extensive, nothing i've experienced already, and much less at that as far as i can tell for now.

i'm pretty happy with the results so far! :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

this is now day 2 without smoking; there's a set of pills you're supposed to take for the first 2 (?) weeks with weaker pills.. since they didnt have it in the pharmacy, i went straight to the hardcore-stuff.. first day was hell, felt like a zombie on extasy!

They do make pill-cutters, you know? ;)

Glad to hear it's helping so far. :)
And even though the meds don't break the "habit," I guess the break from the strong cravings gives you some help in making other changes to break the habit yourself - maybe drinking water or going for short walks when you'd normally have a smoke. (I don't know - this is just stuff I've heard from others who have quit smoking.)

a cutting board and knife would of done the job too probably, but i was impatient to get it to begin with, so.. B|

about mental condition; i do have some experience in that sector personally, and if i find i'd get "funny", i'm pretty sure i'd recognize that myself..

i find i eat more stuff inbetween, just something to do for the mouth, i chewed a lot of gums the first two days, now still every now and then, but not as excessive anymore..

i see myself lighting up a ciggie every now and then; like whenever i used to, driving in the car, but not really a craving..

i am super excited how well this seems to work, and how easy it seems.. its awesome! :)
oh yea, day 3, and loving it! B|B|B|

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

day 5, i'm cranky.. a lot! but still dont feel the need to smoke. well, i just DONT WANT TO; and now i instantly smell it on other people, i smell ashtrays that i pass in considerable distance..

as some friends put it: its a nasty habit! and yes it is..

fuck, i'm cranky!!! :S>:(B|

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Told my neighbor that I'm taking Chantix (Which by the way is working really well for me. No smokes in 2.5 weeks) When she said that she didn't want to take it cause of all the horrible side effects she had heard of. So I asked...Are any of those horrible side effects worse than dying from lung cancer? Didn't get much of answer