LisaH

Visiting skydivers that trash the dz

It does not matter which country they come from.
I can remember Southern California (sport jumper) snobs who got offended when a mere "rigger!" refused to pack their main. Some how, I cannot remember them over offering to pay for a pack job ..but they seemed to think they were "entitled" to a free pack job????????

One of my fav rigger comments to a skydiver "needing his by this weekend." Mark told him that he couldn't get it done, too busy, but the guy kept pressing. Finally Mark relented "Ok, I'll do it. You come over to my house, you're going to take a list to the grocery store and do some shopping. You're going to do a few loads of laundry, and mow the yard in the meantime." Mark says the guy thought he was joking, "Hey! I'm serious!" "Ah..., how about next week."
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Let's all bring garbage bags to Chicks Rock.:)

And tools to repair the DC3 that they trashed... B| That just pisses me off to no avail! >:(

g

Wait a minute!!>:(

That DC-3 (N715F) is being parted out. Haven't you noticed that the entire rudder is missing? It probably went to another DC-3 that needed one.

It is apparent that it is no longer airworthy.

Furthermore, the vandalism that I have seen probably happened when they kept the 3- DC-3's parked next to Corydon. They were tagged with grafitti while there.

See this webpage. Somebody did a nice write-up of the DC-3's there. http://www.ruudleeuw.com/usa08-elsinore.htm

The condition of the N715F shown on the webpage is consistent of how it is today.

The other DC-3 (N26MA) that was used for skydiving was flown off in January 2008. I was there the day it left. According to the webpage it was used in a James Bond movie and is now at Hemet.

People have been partying in it, on it, basically beating the crap out of it.

Such blatant disrespect totally pisses me off!

g

We've had a DC3 with a broken wing "resting" at our DZ for quite a while now. I don't know about partying in it, but I have to admit I sometimes find myself tempted to do other things in there. :)Would that be disrespectful?