ntrprnr

Live in Long Island? Want to watch me die?

On October 4th, 2009, I'm attempting to complete my first Half-Ironman Triathlon. You know, because I was too stupid to stop at Marathons.

Been swimming/biking/and running all summer, and I'm trying for somewhere between six and six and a half hours. For reference, a Half-Ironman is a 1.2 mile swim, a 56 mile bike ride, and a 13.1 mile run (half marathon.)

Live on Long Island? Want to come watch? It's in Montauk, and should be a beautiful course/area/location.

The event is the MightyMan Half Ironman. If you're around, feel free to come by and say hi. Or throw flowers on my lifeless body. Either one.

I'm hoping to one day stop doing this to myself.

For reference, a Half-Ironman is a 1.2 mile swim, a 56 mile bike ride, and a 13.1 mile run (half marathon.)

Sounds easy, except for the swim and the run.

My thoughts exactly! :ph34r:

Peter: where should we send the flowers, of do you prefer a donation to the charity of your choice? :D
Remster

If you survive that, there's a Double Ironman Triathlon in Huntsville, AL for you to try out. :ph34r:

I worked that race as a volunteer a long time ago. Not sure if they still have it today. All distances are double the Hawaii race. :S

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

good luck!

i hope to do an olympic distance tri at some point, but i just don't have time to train for a half iron man.

the distance for your race isn't the scary part, its the 2200 feet of elevation gain for the bike ride and the 806 feet of gain on the run. my fat ass needs to stay on flat ground. hills kill me. there's a sprint tri in upstate ny i want to do next year that will be hilly.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com