NWFlyer

Dumbest Household Injury

The pins and needles feeling is the blood coming back into circulationi with whatever fell asleep.

When I got up and took a step, it was before I had that sensation. Didn't feel anything until about 30 seconds later.

That's what I can't figure out. Every time my leg or foot was asleep, I knew it before attempting to get up. Maybe I am just lucky,...

Billy must be like I am: I get "pins & needles" BEFORE the numbness sets in, so if I'm awake, I'm aware. The only time it was a problem was when sleeping & the switch to a GOOD pillow-top mattress (from a "park-bench-firm" mattress) fixed that years ago.
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Sometimes when I try to exit the room too fast, I pull the knob to open the door, but because I`m in a hurry I simultaneously try to go through the door. I end up hitting myself in the forehead.
If you can imagine it, for anyone that is looking It appears like I was deliberately trying to slam my head with the damn thing. B|

dudeist skydiver #42

That's what I can't figure out. Every time my leg or foot was asleep, I knew it before attempting to get up. Maybe I am just lucky,...

Maybe I'm a dumbass and just get up too quickly. :D

Getting up too quickly, for me, has been known to make me black out. Scared the fuck out of my parents one time. I got up from the couch to go get something in the kitchen and all of a sudden I'm on my back on the floor.

I learned to just kneel with my head down if I started feeling a black out coming on. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban