jcd11235

Positive AppleCare Experience

A few months back, my MacBook Pro was plugged into an ethernet port on my apartment building's LAN during a lightning storm. Afterwards, my ethernet port no longer worked.

I finally had the opportunity to be able to go without my laptop for a little while, so, Monday, I contacted Apple and told them my ethernet port was not working. Since there aren't any Apple stores local to me where I'm at right now, they told me they would ship me a box to use to send the computer in for service.

Tuesday morning, a shipping box arrived via FedEx. I packed up my beloved MBP and dropped it off down the street at FedEx Kinkos that afternoon. Today, about fifty hours after I received the shipping box, the FedEx delivery guy delivered my repaired laptop (it would have arrived sooner, but there was inclement weather in Memphis last night, so FedEx was running late).

From the time I contacted Apple by phone until I had my laptop back in my hands, less than 72 hours passed. In my experience, such service is rare. The experience makes me appreciate the value of AppleCare (which I was very reluctant to purchase).
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I don't care how many reasons anyone can come up with to show that non-apple products and software are overpriced or that there are 'better' computers or phones to be used, there is NO ARGUMENT over the superior quality of the macintosh customer service, and product, in function, design, and aesthetics for the 'standard' human user.

-SPACE-

Not really surprised at your account, it's rather typical of how Apple handles things. What I have found even better is the PRO care service. I used it once after I initially purchased it and was able to walk into and out of the store completely cost free and my problem resolved once I dropped my PRO card. Had I not had PRO care, my specific problem would have had me without a computer for several weeks. That 1 experience alone was worth the cost to me and I've since used it again with my iphone and do not regret having it.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Whenever I've needed AppleCare, I usually take the computer into the Apple store, just because I'm hesitant to trust shipping it... I figure if the store ships it, I have a receipt with somebody's name on it, so I know who to yell at. =)

I've always had a wonderful experience, and sometimes the problem is something simple, like a part that the genius bar people can swap out right there, or a software issue they can fix on the spot.

I took my iBook into the genius bar when it was out of Apple Care warranty... it wouldn't boot at all. Just kept giving me this screen of random text. Turns out I had something missing in the part of the software that makes the computer recognize the OS. The guys at the genius bar had this thing they plugged into my computer that rebuilt the OS for me, and they did it for FREE!

My computer wasn't under warranty, they knew it, the manager knew it; he was standing right there and had them fix it for me anyway at no charge, which is apparently pretty standard for anything they can do in the store that doesn't require parts. I would've paid them to do it and probably would've forgotten all about it, but what they got instead was one very happy customer who remembers this and now that I do need a new laptop, since mine is five years old and getting a little slow, I wouldn't dream of buying anything other than another mac.