npgraphicdesign

From a dog to their owner.

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world’s sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footsteps falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside, for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements. And I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth. Though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land, for you are my god and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest - and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

[:/]

Friend of mine just lost a dog, and sent me this in an email. I don't get choked up easily...but that got me choked up.

Its called the Dog's Prayer. nice piece of work indeed. we are making that decision maybe later this week. One of our Aussies, Tadpole, just playing the yard, took a hit from another one of the dogs, just playing. He is now paralyzed in his hind - definite spinal cord injury

not looking good, I've (We've) been a mess for 36 hours now.
http://kellicarter.com/tad.htm

what makes it worse is he is probably one of the top 5 Agility dogs in the country.

Send this one back to him, this one brings a tear to my eye every time I read it:

A Working Dog Poem
GOD SUMMONED A BEAST FROM THE FIELD

And he said, Behold man, created in my image. Therefore adore him
You shall protect him in the wilderness, shepherd his flocks,
watch over his children, accompany him wherever he may go;
even unto civilization.

You shall be his companion, his ally, his slave. To do these things,
God said, I endow you with these instincts uncommon
to other beasts: faithfulness, devotion, and understanding
surpassing those of man himself.

Lest it impair your courage, you shall never foresee your death.
Lest it impair your loyalty, you shall be blind to faults of man.
Lest it impair your understanding, you are denied the power of words.

Let no fault of language cleave an accord beyond that of man with
any other beast; or even man with man. Speak to your master only
with your mind and through your honest eyes.

Walk by his side: sleep in his doorway: forage for him, ward
off his enemies, carry his burdens, share his afflictions;
love him and comfort him.

And in return for this, man will fulfill your needs and wants-
which shall be only food, shelter and affection.

So be silent, and be a friend to man. Guide him through the perils
along the way to the land that I have promised him.

This shall be your destiny and your immortality.

So spoke the Lord. And the dog heard and was content.

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Its called the Dog's Prayer. nice piece of work indeed. we are making that decision maybe later this week. One of our Aussies, Tadpole, just playing the yard, took a hit from another one of the dogs, just playing. He is now paralyzed in his hind - definite spinal cord injury

not looking good, I've (We've) been a mess for 36 hours now.
http://kellicarter.com/tad.htm

what makes it worse is he is probably one of the top 5 Agility dogs in the country.

Oh man...I'm sorry to hear that [:/] Get your dog evaluated properly at a vet, but in the end, do what's right and what's best, however painful it may be.

Yeah your right I don't get choked easily either but damn that got me.

TK I am truly sorry to hear about your Aussie. I hope and pray things work out. I hate to hear about things like this. I have had to put a few dogs down over the years and no matter what it never gets easier. I wish you and yours the best thru this very difficult time.
Rodriguez Brother #1626
Dudiest Skydiver #1962
DPH #-2

been there done that, all the options are poor prognosis. We can only hope for 'spinal shock inflation' that maybe fixes itself in a few days. The odds are slim - very very slim

There's a dog that I see frequently that is paralyzed in the rear legs but does amazing things with a set of wheels, I'm not kidding, that support his hind quarters. He seems very happy and nothing seems to stop him from enjoying life. he even swims without the wheels. If it were one of my dogs, before i put it down, I would investigate this possibility.

Sorry this happened and am hoping it turns out for the best.
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.