ntrprnr

Ironman Triathlons

Anyone done one? Signed up for my first one in November in Cozumel.

Anyone? I can't even MEASURE the level of idiocy I've reached by attempting this...

Anyone done one? Signed up for my first one in November in Cozumel.

Anyone? I can't even MEASURE the level of idiocy I've reached by attempting this...

DUDE:o, go and get Tasered again, it will be far less painful:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

i would like to do one, but i just don't have the time to train for it. i think the most i could do is an ironman 70.3. i went to panama city to watch the one last november and it was pretty cool. all three of the people i knew in the race finished.

what stood out was the number of fat guys crossing the finish line. i'm talking about guys with beer guts bigger than mine. some even came in under 12 hours. i would be fucking pissed to do all that training and be in good enough shape to go 140.6 in under 12 and still have a gut.

i'm doing a triathlon upstate (the real upstate, no fucking poughkeepsie) in july. you should come. it's beautiful up there in the summer. here's a link to last year's race, this year's info isn't up yet, but i know the person that organizes it and it will be very similar to last year's.

http://www.active.com/triathlon/henderson-harbor-ny/henderson-harbor-triathlonduathlon-2009

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Get into a training group. The information you can get from those things is invaluable. Good luck.

I belong to Team SBR in NYC - Totally helpful! :)