ManagingPrime

skydiving for loners?

To me you sound like a real cocky dick to be honest. You have gotten a lot of attention on here though (I think thats what you wanted) so you don't really seem like a "loaner". A loner is someone who keeps to themselves and doesn't demand attention. With 44 jumps I feel you should be worried about keeping yourself, and arguably more important, others safe. You just seem too cool for anything, you know too much already and can't be bothered with the norm.

Are you sure it's you deciding to jump alone? Are you single? Id be suprised if the answer is "no" because my first impression of you is "very difficult to be around".
Moriuntur omnes, sed non omnes vixerunt.

Everybody wants to be able to do whatever he wants in the air. Being able to master your belly flying (relative to other jumpers) like diving, adjusting your rate of fall, slowing down, approaching horizontally, docking with no momentum, flying actively with the formation, getting awareness about what happens in the formation in order to help or check for the next move...being able to do a 180 and track properly... is the best start to become a freeflyers. Refer to the best freeflyers for advice. Now, too many people think by starting the freefly immediately will make them progress fast in that discipline which is generally not the case.
I compare this to flying an airplane or a helicopter. Your are better (and it is cheaper) to learn first from an airplane then when good with the basics to transfer your skill and knowledge to an helicopter.
Anybody can start with the most difficult discipline like freeflying but expect to get way more jumps to reach a level where you can be considered as good.
In belly flying, if you are serious, you can get good after 200-400 jumps, not with freeflying. This is what I see around when jumping.
You almost need to jump with others to verify if your are doing progress. Other jumpers are a reference in the air and you have to work according their rate of fall and where they are.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

I continue to learn a lot by readying dz.com, but this posting stuff is just not working out...I've got to step away from the keyboard.

To everyone who offered advice and constructive critisizm to this noob I appreciate it. I'm a bit dense at times so I appreciate your efforts to reinforce conventional wisdom.

I'm going to step out of my comfort zone and start actively trying to get on RW jumps.

To those of you that are less than constructive in your comments. Perhaps you too should step away from the keyboard. What are you accomplishing with your comments?

Again, thanks for all the advice. I've heard you. I'm going to get with some organizers and coaches....maybe I'll even get with the toastmasters. lol

hey bro my advice is to mix it up. any discipline will get boaring if you let it. keep setting new goals and try to achieve them.

change it up, do some rw, then go do some tracking jumps, try some atmonauti, backflying, and freeflying. just be safe and always consider others saftey into the equasion.

if you allow your mind to cavitate then your flying will too. push the envelope and have a positive attitude. once you feel confident you arent going to hurt someone else try things that you might not have considered. theres ALLOT of fun to be had in the air. hoop dives fun noodle whack a mole jumps, mr bills, downplanes, all kinds of cool constructive ways to fly.

i got into this sport with a good friend of mine and he has quit jumping, so i went through the loner stage of jumping and i did get boared with solos, so i had to break out of my shy shell and go make friends. its the best thing that could have happened to me. go to boogies period.........
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

To those of you that are less than constructive in your comments. Perhaps you too should step away from the keyboard. What are you accomplishing with your comments?

Piss-off two more n00bs, and I get a set of steak knives! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~