skybytch

What happens if...

Chain of command
1. talk to the individual in question
2. Talk to your S&TA
3. Talk to the DZO
4. Talk to your regional BOD member]
5. File a written complaint with USPA
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

You seriously are annoying.

I would enjoy standing by to watch you speak with the person in question, especially if it's in the tone you're suggesting in your post. :)

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

An AFF Course Conductor once told me - that if he heard of a non-rated !@#$$ doing (2 on 1) cling-on dives with a properly-rated instructor on the other side - the other instructor would lose his USPA Instructor ratings.
Losing USPA ratings makes it difficult to find a job at most respectable DZs.

An AFF Course Conductor once told me - that if he heard of a non-rated !@#$$ doing (2 on 1) cling-on dives with a properly-rated instructor on the other side - the other instructor would lose his USPA Instructor ratings.

Wouldn't that be up to the USPA board, not someone conducting an AFF course?

Agreed!

But if USPA's Board of Directors has already threatened to pull ratings ... and an AFF Course Conductor provides enough evidence ... then the Board is forced to follow their own policy and pull a rating.

Pulling ratings is a delicate political process - debated "in camera" - and only the results are published.
The results frequently depend upon the "guilty bastard's" attitude. If he is unrepentent, then he can suffer grounding.
OTOH, if the "guilty bastard" admits his mistake - and is unlikely to repeat the mistake - punishment is light.

Agreed!

But if USPA's Board of Directors has already threatened to pull ratings ... and an AFF Course Conductor provides enough evidence ... then the Board is forced to follow their own policy and pull a rating.

You didn't mention this in your other post plus it would still be up to the board, not the course director.

Too bad the the BOD has failed to act on that very thing in the recent past.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Too bad the the BOD has failed to act on that very thing in the recent past.

... expecting an elected official to keep campaign promises??????

Hah!
Hah!

What happens if someone who doesn't hold a USPA AFF rating is found to be doing AFF jumps with non-licensed, pre-Cat F students (in the US)?

Nothing. USPA is a club, with voluntary membership.

Its rules are club rules for club members.

What non-members do is none if their damned business, as they so eagerly insisted when they banned Pastrana.

USHPA does have a bit of a monopoly on skydiving in the USA though, that's a mixed blessing because it has people running around thinking their rules are things that should be enforcable rather than voluntarily subscribed to by willing members, and skydivers citing tort liability when discussing the ediffice USHPA has constructed around jumping out of a plane.

Every generation of new jumpers wants to augment these rules to make an inherently dangerous sport "safe". It doesn't matter how thick the SIM gets, there will always be someone who wants to add a new rule or even a new chapter. Thank fuck these people aren't legislating.

I found the answer to my question! It was right there in the September Parachutist!

If you do AFF without a rating and you get caught, your "punishment" is that you are allowed to go get ratings. What an elegant solution! And so very logical, too. I mean, don't all of us want the guy who loudly and proudly flaunted the rules teaching our kids to skydive?