Southern_Man

Today at the World Cup

France Surrendered.

Apparently some number of French players are refusing to play in their last game of the group stage against South Africa tomorrow. Not sure how many. This to protest Nicholas Anelka getting sent home for fighting with the coach. Wonder if FIFA will let them place more players on the roster.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

they're just using the fight as an excuse, its really those fucking vuvuzelas that drove them away.

Think about this comment!

"French" "Fight" have you ever seen those two things in the same subject,,or sentence , unless the word 'Refuse" was included

I watched the first half of the England-Slovenia game. I decided that one thing I do like about soccer is that there are no commercial breaks until they reach half-time.

Glad to see the US advance as it makes up for the bad refereeing decisions that could have cost them. Maybe a little bit of justice.

The French Coach refusing to shake hands after their last game....maybe I understand why the players refused to practice for him and why he was cursed out by the player that was sent home. Still, the players should have played. Acting like a bunch of prima-donnas was bad. Astounding display of poor sportsmanship by him and his team. Speaking of justice...considering they qualified by cheating (Henry's handball non-call)...maybe they got what they deserved.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

The French Coach refusing to shake hands after their last game....maybe I understand why the players refused to practice for him and why he was cursed out by the player that was sent home. Still, the players should have played. Acting like a bunch of prima-donnas was bad. Astounding display of poor sportsmanship by him and his team. Speaking of justice...considering they qualified by cheating (Henry's handball non-call)...maybe they got what they deserved.

I forgot all about that... You're right. Karma rears its ugly head again! :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What an awesome win today for the USA...

on the flip side this refereeing is a fucking joke and boarder-line conspiracy against the US team.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

they're just using the fight as an excuse, its really those fucking vuvuzelas that drove them away.

Think about this comment!

"French" "Fight" have you ever seen those two things in the same subject,,or sentence , unless the word 'Refuse" was included

You must have slept through WWI in history class.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Getting back to the World Cup...Italy is about to lose to Slovakia and go home! Good riddance to the divers.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Congrats to Ghana for beating the USA, a team that never stopped giving their all. I thought it was a good game with lots of chances on both sides and that the officiating was good.

Ghana has now gone further than any other African nation. Good for them, a small nation of ~25 million people.
--
Murray

FUCK ME... them italians at least try to save their honor...

Exactly...at least Italy didn't qualify by handball and we showed up to practice. At least Italy went out swinging and not out like complete suckers, even though our team sucked and we came in last place as another team in blue did.

And I said it before and I will say it again: EVERYBODY DIVES. Sad but true...

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Congrats to Ghana for beating the USA, a team that never stopped giving their all. I thought it was a good game with lots of chances on both sides and that the officiating was good.

Ghana has now gone further than any other African nation. Good for them, a small nation of ~25 million people.

Yes, and "good riddance to the divers".

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

England just denied OBVIOUS goal to even the score against Germany... The officiating in the Cup completely blows. Adds to why it sometimes really sucks to watch soccer. They HAVE to add instant review for shit like this!!! In a sport where there is so little scoring it's horrific to have actual goals denied. Shit like this actually makes the game pitiful.
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

England just denied OBVIOUS goal to even the score against Germany... The officiating in the Cup completely blows. Adds to why it sometimes really sucks to watch soccer. They HAVE to add instant review for shit like this!!! In a sport where there is so little scoring it's horrific to have actual goals denied. Shit like this actually makes the game pitiful.

Never mind video review...how about a goal judge at each end? That was a terrible blown call. Germany has to win by 2 in regular time to be legitimate winners in my mind.

Edited to add: Well, Germany won by 3 so clearly deserve to move on.
--
Murray