nancyfrye

rain preventing skydiving? participate in a study about skydiving!

Hi - I'd posted about this before, so sorry for the double posting. But, at least in the northeast, it's raining, and the weather is probably preventing a lot of you from skydiving, so I thought you might be interested in participating in a study about skydiving instead.

Many of you have already participated, which I really appreciate. I'm looking to get responses from as many people as possible, so if you haven't yet participated but are interested in the study, please participate, and, if you have participated, please pass the link on the friends who might be interested. This study is for relationship partners too, so please pass it along to your significant other, or skydiving friends' significant others.

I'm looking for people who are willing to spend 30-40 minutes answering questions online about skydiving. Here's the link to the study: http://myweb.liu.edu/~nfrye/skydive1/consent.php

Thanks!

I couldn't be bothered to omplete it, I'm afraid, but a comment on the first page of Q's that came up for (the percentages one): I'm not sure how dangerous you think skydiving is, or what you hope to get from those particular questions, but the answer to each of them to the nearest % is 0.

There are obviously big differences in how likely each scenario is, but in terms of whole percent likelyhood on any given skydive... they're all 0%.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I know the study is a long one, which is why I really appreciate people who did go through the whole study. I'll keep in mind for future studies putting in the number of pages, since I wasn't trying to mislead anyone about the length of the study.

I didn't mean to imply that all those events would happen on every jump, or be likely to happen on any jump. Instead, your response is exactly the sort of information I'm hoping to find out about. I want to know about how likely those events might be to happen, whether you think they're completely unlikely, completely likely, or somewhere in between.

Again, I understand that the study is long, and can get tedious. I appreciate everyone who did participate. I'll post a summary of the results in several months, once the study is complete and I've had a chance to look at the data.

I didn't mean to imply that all those events would happen on every jump, or be likely to happen on any jump. Instead, your response is exactly the sort of information I'm hoping to find out about. I want to know about how likely those events might be to happen, whether you think they're completely unlikely, completely likely, or somewhere in between.

No, I do understand your meaning.

Without looking at it again, I believe the wording was something like "The likelyhood each event would happen to the average skydiver on their next jump" - the bit in bold being the relevant part. The likelyhood of those events (each taken individually) happening on the next single skydive for an average skydiver is only fractionally above 0% for each one. So the way it's presented now (if people are replying accurately) you shouldn't be able to differentiate between the relative frequencies of the different events.

If you wanted actual whole percentages you'd have needed to be looking at the next 100 skydives at the very least, if not 1000. Or just got people to rate them in order of likeliness.

(And it's not that it was too long it's just that I am, I'm afraid, incredibly lazy. Sorry:P)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?