Scrumpot

Relocating to Orlando Area - Apartment Opinion

My son is looking into relocating to the Orlando area. Any locals down there that can possibly give me an opinion on the Windrift Apartments
Orlando, FL 32825??

He is 20, has some tunnel time, some packing skills (although he's never pursued "professionally") makes decent $$ (for a 20yr old), but obviously - long distance knows NOTHING of the locale/area.

He's a recent totally unencumbered BACHELOR again, looking to distance himself from a rough break-up (he WAS engaged ...dumbass punk! :P) I don't want him making any rash decisions, especially with something like this, where it appears a year's lease/obligation would be required. If it is a decent place though...

so...

Any and all insight/opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

TIA guys, and... BLUE SKIES!
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I have not lived in orlando since 2008 and If things have changed I hope not to offend anyone, but it's a marginal area. There are schools nearby so it's a younger area.

I don't know anything about the complex, but I'm sure there are reviews online.

Pine Hills and Kissimee are generally to be avoided.

+1 for staying away from pine hills (it's locally referred to as crime hills)

As well as some areas of casselberry should be avoided. Most of winter park and altamonte spring are pretty nice. I haven't heard of anything about that specific complex. I'm sure you can find some info about it online. A good rule of thumb is avoid east Orlando and anything near orange blossom trail (state road 441)

Wrong side of SR 417.

IMO, the farther you get west of Alafaya trail, and south of E. colonial dr, the lower the property values if you get my meaning. A little farther north and east and he's in UCF territory; perfect if he's newly single, he'll forget all about what's her name in no time.
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest" ~Samuel Clemens

MB#4300
Dudeist Skydiver #68