NoShitThereIWas

Can someone tell me why my ProTrack is possessed?

Are there any expert ProTrackers out there who can tell me how to fix my unruly dytter? Initially I thought my batteries were wearing out so I replaced them. I set my beep altitudes as normal (for me) at 7,000 ft., 5,500 feet and 2,500 feet.

The same as before I replaced my batteries, I do not get my beep signal at 1,000 feet, sometimes I get it at 5,000 feet and it refuses to beep at the correct altitudes. Sometimes it will just go bezerk and start flatlining loudly and out of the blue while I am on the ground with it or on the climb to altitude.

Anyone had any problems like this and if so, how do I fix it? I whipped out my manual and thought I had fixed it but I didn't. :( Help?
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

When you changed the batteries, did you wait at least 120 seconds between removing the old ones and installing the new ones?

Hmmmm... :S:S:S

Not sure. I know I wasn't consciously thinking to wait 120 seconds because didn't know I was supposed to. It may have taken me that long to change them but I think I actually did it rather quickly. Is that a bad thing? Does that do something to the unit?

Thanks to everyone for the responses... those of you who have had good experiences with the manufacturer, do you happen to have a contact number or best person to reach?

Thanks in advance. B|
Roy Bacon: "Elvises, light your fires."

Sting: "Be yourself no matter what they say."

If you don't wait the two minutes, the low battery electronics do not fully discharge. When you put the batters back in, the unit still thinks they are low on power and will start acting up. Good point. Take the batteries out and wait two full minutes before putting them back in. Remember to reset the date and time.

If you still get the erratic beeps, then send it in.

Re: My earlier post: I didn't want to say they replaced my protrack for free since I really don't know what their official policy is, but they actually did just give me a free blue one.

Blue skies,

Jim

L&B provides the best customer service I have received from any company in any industry. If removing the batteries for 2 minutes doesn't solve the problem, just get in touch with them and I am sure they will rectify the problem to your satisfaction.

You can find all of their contact info here http://www.l-and-b.dk/contact.html

-OK
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana