LisaM

RigTrack is READY!

Hello! I posted a while back about an upcoming web system for riggers and their clients:

- Tracking Important Dates (such as reserve repacks and AAD servicing) with Automatic Email Reminders (custom setup to your preferences).

- Notifying riggers of Service Bulletins related to any gear you have in the system (based off of serial number and/or DOM).

- Check against missing/stolen gear database when entering new rigs.

- Easily send messages to one or all of your clients (to say, let them know you'll be out of town)

- Share your clients and/or rigs with other riggers in the system (for example if a group of riggers share the load of repacks for a school)

Well, RigTrack.Net is now ready for beta testers. A beta tester receives a free year of membeship in return for helping us to test the sytsem. You'll be provided with a feedback link for suggestions and comments. Additionally, all bugs will be recorded and sent to the developers. We'll be taking on a select number of beta testers and then the top contributors will receive a free lifetime membership to RigTrack.Net.

http://www.rigtrack.net

- Lisa

Thanks for the encouraging words! My husband and I really believe this has been a long time coming. As he got closer and closer to getting his riggers ticket, he saw a need to track rigs and owners and service bulletins OH MY. He's a great visionary.

Go RigTrack! =)

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

Lisa,

this is a great thing and I belive many skydiver will use it.

Nevertheless, there is still a lot of work to do:
What comes to my mind first when I registered is internationalization. Your system asks for a US format phone number. No way to enter a non US number.

Since I am shure, you will add all missing gears/dropzone to the database soon or leave your customers the option to enter them manually, I currentliy dont worry that I could not enter my gear (vector III, crossfire, pd reserve).

More important seems the fact that different countries have for example different repack cycles. E.g. in Germany we now have a repack cycle of one year (if the manufacturer allows it of course, but all major manufacturer agreed on this). Furthermore we must bring our gear to a qualified rigger each year for an inspection.

Other countires may have other guidelines...

Did you think about all these different "laws"?

Keep it going!!
alex

--
www.tandemmaster.net
www.skydivegear.de

Alex, you bring up some very good points about the system working internationally. The phone number is an easy one to change as well as missing dropzones and gear (everyone does currently have the ability to enter missing gear at this point).

I have added your gear (the PD Reserve was indeed in the system) and will continue to do so over the upcoming days.

As far as different rule sets, this absolutely makes senae and I apologize I was unaware of the different "laws". Having said that, I will make it a priority to be able to add custom rules for these cases. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Thank you for your input! It is greatly appreciated!

- Lisa

Lisa,
please take my points only as examples. I think it may be difficult to integrate all possible options.

There`s another example.
I am in no way an expert in all these things, but AFIAK it also depends on WHO did a repack in WHAT country, or better under which law. So, if a - lets say - US rigger packs my reserve (which is valid for a year according to my local regulations if repacked in germany) during my trip in the US, it is only valid for 120 days, even if I return to Germany. (somebody who knows it better may correct me)
There shurely are more combinations of nationality, licenses and/or local regulations.

I think the only way is to ask every skydiver for the current cycles on each system part during rig-registration or after a change (e.g. reserve activation) has been made. But this means that every client is required to be aware of this - and to enter this in RigTrack. Not very different to what I currently do...

alex

--
www.tandemmaster.net
www.skydivegear.de

Alex, again thank you for your input. I will work on this type of option (what is your repack cycle). But, notice the system is designed more for riggers to enter rigs for their clients.. not necessarily for the general skydiver to enter his or her own gear (though this will be an option for those whose rigger might not participate but they'd like the automated reminders & notices).

I think this will work on a case by case basis for now as those folks from other countries come on board. You certainly know the repack cycle for your country and I for mine, etc.

Thanks again! Your imput has been invaluable to RigTrack! =)

- Lisa

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

UM... Lisa...

Are you aware that essentially you are infringing on a similar product with the same name by L&B?

You might want to curb your enthusiasm and think of another name before you get called on it

I kinda have some experience in this area.:|

http://www.l-and-b.dk/jt_rigtrack.html

GraficO
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."

My apologies. I meant to say RigTrack.Net which is our name.

But yes, I do see some similarities and will look deeper into this. But RigTrack.Net is so much more... it's for the community not just one individual.

Thank you for the information.

- Lisa

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?

still... it maybe a little too close in name and function. You may want to do a another name search. These things get sticky sometimes.

Just a friendly note...

It's almost like developing a type of wicker shoe and calling it Nika... definately a different kind of shoe... but the name and the product are too similar to an established, similar brand...

GraficO;)
GraficO

"A Mind is a terrible thing to taste."

I just want to update everyone to let you all know we at RigTrack.Net have no desire to step on anyone's toes during this process. We have requested documentation from the original company on the dates that their software was implemented with Jump-Track. If we are indeed in the wrong, we will absolutely change our name. We're on the up-and-up here and have no desire to start off on the wrong foot.

We've had quite a few people register already and we're quite excited...name change or no name change!

Thaks everyone!

- Lisa

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?