lewmonst

SEAN CROSSMAN - 7/2/05 - A tribute

Sean was one of my very first jumpmasters. I am so sad right now that we've lost him. I don't know where to begin. I just know that I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for Sean. He went out of his way to help me all the time. He continued teaching me and envouraging me well beyond being a student. He had endless enthusiasm for the sport and spread the love to everyone at the dropzone. I can't imagine Richmond without him.

Sean, thank you for all that you've done. You will be sincerely missed.

To all his friends and family in Indiana and Ohio, from the bottom of my heart, my thoughts are with you.

Fly free Sean, fly free

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com

:(

I do not believe I knew Sean. But I know Jason (the videographer who is in ICU right now) very well. My prayers go out to the friends and familys of all involved. I don't know what to say... this is the closest an incident has ever hit home with me. [:/]

It would be great if anyone has a picture of Sean they could share. I have been to Richmond several times, and would like to know what he looks like. There are a lot of people there who I would consider an aquaintence - yet do not remember their name.

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Sean was one of the first Tandem Instructors to beleive in me when I started shooting video. I had lurked a few fun RW jumps with him practicing my skills, so he knew I was capapble and allowed me to start lurking his tandems. He opened the door to my video "career" by giving me a chance when no other instructors were willing. His professionalism and concern for safety was so strong that once I was seen jumping with his tandems, other instructors accepted me (rather reluctantly, but still...) .

Sean, I will miss you sorely. The sport lost an excellent man, one I know will never be replaced.

Not to forget, the boogie will never be the same without his famous BBQ ribs... They were always a highlight of my boogie experience.

I'll miss ya brother!
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

I just wanted to add... Sean also took my mom on her 1st tandem, and one of my best friends. I chose him because he was who I trusted their lives with the most. My mom was so proud of standing up that landing :)
I thought about him all day yesterday as I made 6 jumps, 3 of which were tandems. And I thanked him before every jump.

Blue skies Sean. bd
http://www.exitshot.com

I hear ya Lew... I made a few currency jumps with him myself. I also trusted him the most out of every TM I know.

I was standing in the bathroom talking with my wife a little while ago, and she asked " was this the guy you said would trust to do my tandem?" I had forgotten all about that. My wife is a hard core wuffo, who I doubt will ever jump (but she supports me fully in my love of the sport). I know all of the TM/I's at Richmond are safe... but Sean was the one I would trust the most with my loved ones.... He would always know how to make them feel comfortable.

I also found an older picture of him doing what he loved per Diverdriver's suggestion. Its hard to read in the scanned image, but the student's left (our right) hand had "Hi mom" written in red marker. In classic Crossman style, he made sure the shot came off by holding the student's hand in clear view.
Two wrongs don't make a right, however three lefts DO!

I am deeply saddened by the loss of a friend and fellow skydiver. I am on vacation this weekend so I wasnt at the dropzone at the time of the accident but my heart goes out to everyone at SWC. Like Lew and Roy I have done a couple tandems with Sean during the cold winter months to help him current when its icy cold. He was a great person who will be missed by us all. I wish I was better with the written word to really write something better, but this will have to do.

Sean..you will be missed.....BSBD

Blue Skies!
Mary B
Sandillas Rodriguez
Muff Brother #2959 TF #77

Lew - Can't say how good it was to see you in Indiana (considering the circumstances) & that we were able to sit outside and enjoy a peaceful, beautiful day that Sean gave us at Mom & Dad's. A few years ago, Sean took my father, who is physically disabled, on a tandem. I wouldn't have had it any other way. He was one of the most positive, energetic people I have ever known. Knowing him has been a blessing. I thank God I will have so many happy memories (pics & vids, too!) of him.
I will see you in September (maybe at 13,5'!). So glad you could be with us this week. Take care, be safe.

Blue, Ann
SWC

Hey all, now i see what he looks like i remember him. He lent me an altimeter in Dublin. I mailed it back to him a few weeks ago. Fuckin nice guy. Unbelievable. I am sorry to hear about this. All i can say is the guy could not do enough for anyone. great video guy. :(:(:(:(:(
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?