boinky

Just For Turtle--Have You Ever Gotten A Medal?

Since Turtle mentioned medals, I'm going to do this poll just for him! :)

Have you ever won/earned/gotten a medal somehow?

If so, tell us how! Again, it doesn't matter how silly it might seem. We'll still cheer you on! :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

I'll start. I was in the band in high school. Played clarinet. Went to festivals and the like. I still have blue and red ribbon medals in a box somewhere. ;)

Nina

That's pretty cool! :)

No probably not. That seems like it was so long ago, I would not know where to even look for it at. But hell, I would love to read it too. I would love to see what I wrote again. To bad I did not really follow what I learned.......oops:S
Speedracer~I predict that Michael Jackson will rise from the dead.
And that a giant radioactive duck will emerge from the ocean and eat Baltimore.

Since Turtle mentioned medals, I'm going to do this poll just for him! :)

Have you ever won/earned/gotten a medal somehow?

If so, tell us how! Again, it doesn't matter how silly it might seem. We'll still cheer you on! :)

Lets see... Got a couple for deployments, a couple for achievements and one for the 50 mile forced ruckmarch we did... I finished in about 16 hours...B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

First, let me thank you for putting your life on the line so that people like me can have freedom! :)
They all sound amazing! Good job. I'm guessing that the ruckmarsh one was for fastest time?

Nina

First, let me thank you for putting your life on the line so that people like me can have freedom! :)
They all sound amazing! Good job. I'm guessing that the ruckmarch one was for fastest time?

No, it was for finishing... 50 miles in less than 24 hours... not an easy task!

I actually get another one on Wed... (for the last deployment)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

50 miles in less than 24 hours... not an easy task!

WOW! :o

You make me ashamed that I barely walk a few miles a day on most days....:$
Nina

"First" medal I ever won in my adult life , Gold for best video at the Cal Cup 6 Way in 1995...(at Perris)

I wasn't even working the competition, they came and grabbed me from the school, just for one round.....B|

I just wish I'd been there to recieve it when it was called, I was still working with students when they gave out the medals, Sandra Reed made a special trip back to the skydiving school to give it to me!

50 miles in less than 24 hours... not an easy task!

WOW! :o

You make me ashamed that I barely walk a few miles a day on most days....:$

I almost did - It was a boobie inspector badge - But an S&TA cheated and took it away from me.>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Mostly paitball medals here. One funny one is the time our 3 man team got sportsmanship. We were playin a series and up untill this day had been doing extremely well against EVERYONE in the worlds (including our own) expectations. Well today was just not our day. We were getting slaughtered left and right. Everything we did blew up in our faces. Oh and its like 100* outside and we had been up all night. So needless to say we werent happy campers. We were at each others throats between matches. Throwing gear cursing, all but full out brawls. Lol. We werent dicks tothe other teams or refs but just to each other. It just wasnt our day kinda like the perfect storm of bad shit. So when the time for the medals to be passed out came we were truly shocked when they called us. Till this day im not sure if they did it out of humor and the irony of us attempting to kill each other or because even though we were getting slaughterd we didnt blame anyone but ourselves, but either way..... Haha.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Actually come to think of it that very next event we came back with a vengence and took first! We got our pictures and team name blasted on a full page article in a nationally printed magazine(yeah the actually have those!)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

That's wonderful! :)

(yeah the actually have those!)

Oh, I believe it! I personally am too chicken to let someone purposely shoot anything at me, though! :$
Nina

Sweet! :)
Do you always have them hanging up? If so....an extra pat on the back for you! I like it when people are proud of their accomplishments! :)
Nina