ManagingPrime

@#$#@!!! Gear!

Sorry had to get that out. It's a beaufiful sunday afternoon and I'm at work because I just found out what the balance is on my new gear order:

Mirage MO
Pilot 150 ZPX
Optimum 143

Need to cough up a BUNCH before delivery in two months. I now officially no longer live at a dz, but at my desk at work. :S

Oh well, it's worth it. Just needed to get that out. Now for some Ramen lunch :D

...for the record. It was the panty ad that made my mind up about Mirage. ;)

Sorry had to get that out. It's a beaufiful sunday afternoon and I'm at work because I just found out what the balance is on my new gear order:

Mirage MO
Pilot 150 ZPX
Optimum 143

Need to cough up a BUNCH before delivery in two months. I now officially no longer live at a dz, but at my desk at work. :S

Oh well, it's worth it. Just needed to get that out. Now for some Ramen lunch :D

...for the record. It was the panty ad that made my mind up about Mirage. ;)

Good to see you have your priorities straight! Skydiving is all about sacrifice but the end gain is worth it.

Chuck

Well, buying all brand-new is a bit more of a hit in the wallet. Shame there's not a great used gear market in this sport ... oh.... wait. :P

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Yeah....that thought did occur, but:

1. The used market does not have a sweet demo program that has allowed me to jump for nearly free the last two months and while my gear is on order.

2. The used market does not let me try about every kind of container/main on the market before I buy.

3. The used market does not employ some of my favorite people in the world.:)

4. The used market does not sponsor crazy parties and make the panties drop.B|

5. I'm a sucker.

:D

Yeah....that thought did occur, but:

1. The used market does not have a sweet demo program that has allowed me to jump for nearly free the last two months and while my gear is on order.

2. The used market does not let me try about every kind of container/main on the market before I buy.

3. The used market does not employ some of my favorite people in the world.:)

5. I'm a sucker.

used gear is for NEWBS !!!!:P

used gear is for NEWBS !!!!:P

...but...But....I'm a newb!?! :$

correctly spelled that would be a n00b; but since u're one, u wouldnt know that actually microns make panties drop, mirage LIED about the fact.. :P
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

used gear is for NEWBS !!!!

LMFAO

I'd say the biggest market in gear is for used canopies in the 120-150 range... Not really noob territory...

yes-yes, for normal sized europeans, it is.. :P
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

LMFAO

I'd say the biggest market in gear is for used canopies in the 120-150 range... Not really noob territory...

You're right... You are very midget like... ;)
Remster

LMFAO

You're right... You are very midget like... ;)

5'11", 185lbs, yup, i'm fucking SKINNAY! :P

:D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

actually microns make panties drop, mirage LIED about the fact.. :P

I don't know that Mirage lied about that...I would say they are just guilty of omission. :P

The Micron is a sexy rig.

so what made you choose the mirage? except for the (really cool i think) ad!?
since you already say the micron IS sexy.. dont know what size reserve you got, but with a 150zpx, you could of gotten a micron easily..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I don't know that Mirage lied about that...I would say they are just guilty of omission. :P

I have one of each :P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

They cancelled each other, didnt they? :ph34r:
Remster

Yes B|[:/]>:(
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Of the rigs I jumped in the demo program it was the most comfortable. The construction is solid. 15% discount.

Some people swear by the Mirage, but in talks with riggers I learned that all rigs are safe (duh) and that while some may be constructed to last a little bit longer they are all good rigs. It would have been much easier if someone just said, "X rig is the best on the market because it is the safest for the following reasons..."

When I started pricing containers with all the options, bells, whistles, etc. that I wanted the costs came out to be about the same within a few hundred dollars.

My decision to buy a mirage was not because I felt it was a better rig than any other. In a sense it was the advertising (not the panties) that pushed me in that direction. My DZ is a "mirage" dz like my last was a "javalin" DZ. Mirage has a good name where I'm at and they spend money to keep that name in your face and in the back of your mind....it works.

Is it possible that I spent a little more on the container for no other reason than the company is great at marketing their products? Sure.

Does the difference in cost pale in comparison to the cummulative cost of the container, main, reserve and AAD? Not a doubt.

I've admired the micron. Packed it even...but I've not been able to jump it. If I had the opprotunity to jump it like the mirage and others I would have seriously considered it I'm sure.

Luckily you got the girl first. :D

Luckily you got the girl first. :D

My rigs dont seem to mind each other... I tell you, when I picked up that other girl, and they found out about each other... that didnt go so well.

My rigs dont seem to mind each other... I tell you, when I picked up that other girl, and they found out about each other... that didnt go so well.

Funny you should mention that...

The first two jumps on my sweetheart Tri 190 after I bought the second canopy were:
1. Very hard slammer
2. Massive line twists with cutaway.

Triathlons just don't DO that.
I had to sweet talk her for a month before she was convinced that she was still first in my heart. We're all good now.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Funny you should mention that...

The first two jumps on my sweetheart Tri 190 after I bought the second canopy were:
1. Very hard slammer
2. Massive line twists with cutaway.

Triathlons just don't DO that.
I had to sweet talk her for a month before she was convinced that she was still first in my heart. We're all good now.

Shouldn't have bought another Tri 190... she thought you were trying to replace her with her twin.:D

Of the rigs I jumped in the demo program it was the most comfortable. The construction is solid. 15% discount.

Some people swear by the Mirage, but in talks with riggers I learned that all rigs are safe (duh) and that while some may be constructed to last a little bit longer they are all good rigs. It would have been much easier if someone just said, "X rig is the best on the market because it is the safest for the following reasons..."

When I started pricing containers with all the options, bells, whistles, etc. that I wanted the costs came out to be about the same within a few hundred dollars.

My decision to buy a mirage was not because I felt it was a better rig than any other. In a sense it was the advertising (not the panties) that pushed me in that direction. My DZ is a "mirage" dz like my last was a "javalin" DZ. Mirage has a good name where I'm at and they spend money to keep that name in your face and in the back of your mind....it works.

Is it possible that I spent a little more on the container for no other reason than the company is great at marketing their products? Sure.

Does the difference in cost pale in comparison to the cummulative cost of the container, main, reserve and AAD? Not a doubt.

I've admired the micron. Packed it even...but I've not been able to jump it. If I had the opprotunity to jump it like the mirage and others I would have seriously considered it I'm sure.

fair enough! :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Y'know, I hear the panties don't drop if you can only afford to wear the new gear around the house.:)

5. I'm a sucker.

In that case, carry on. :D:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Y'know, I hear the panties don't drop if you can only afford to wear the new gear around the house.:)

5. I'm a sucker.

In that case, carry on. :D:D:D

That's a little cruel don't you think? And it's a tent thank you very much!

Secondly, skydiver chicks know how bad I suck...wuffos on the other had think I'm a dark and mysterious harcore skyding dude sooooo :P!