LongWayToFall

OshKosh, a cool video clip

Going to one of those is on my bucket list.

On a side note: The shot of the Twin Beech in the air with both engines smoking, was anyone surprised? :)

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

On a side note: The shot of the Twin Beech in the air with both engines smoking, was anyone surprised? :)

I have a bunch of pics of that close-up on a hazy day...beautiful.

You shoud see the night act the ole Beech puts on...LOTs of pyro coming outta that thing! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

You shoud see the night act the ole Beech puts on...LOTs of pyro coming outta that thing! B|

I've been on a Beech with lots of pyro stuff going on. It may have looked cool from the ground but from where I was sitting...:P
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I've been on a Beech with lots of pyro stuff going on. It may have looked cool from the ground but from where I was sitting...:P

Good point! :D

I learned to skydive at OMRO, right outside of Oshkosh. Know the Liberty very well. Private DZ. lots of fun and family orientated. The airshows are great and we always threw a big party and did tandems from dawn to dusk during that week. Cannot get better than that;)

" Mean people SUCK!"

It has been my Husband & my privilege & honor to have been ground crew at EAA '07 & '08 , partied with & have had the pleasure to have met some of the greatest guys, members & Skydivers as the Liberty Team: Twardo, Sam S., JT Hill, Larry B., Jeff 'Bogey' B., Bill H., Bill P., Chuck & Buck, the 'Swede', & as Lead Staff Packer for the'grandfather' of DZO's; Bill (Donna Marie) Hasenfus at Skydive Adventure,have had the honor to have packed for some of them, ( JT's main was brand new , so go figure, but he did call me on his way back to FL. to tell me it was the sweetest opening he had ever had ! ) & have had VIP Invitation to meet celebrity Pilots: John Travolta & Harrison Ford, & heard the music of Gary Sinese's & the Lt. Dan Band. Their yearly, daily jump in's are highly respected & anticipated. The DZ party's are excellent & getting together to meet some of the most phenomenal military & civilian pilots, & the FIESTIEST FEMALE PILOT ;)Ever, at the bar's afterwards, is amazing !
Twardo...we were so sorry we missed you guys in '10. We came the last day & saw the jumps this year, but by the time we made it through the crowds to get to you All...you were pulling out in the LT van...we look forward to seeing you all next July !:)Anyone who has not been to EAA...needs to !
It is the Sturgis & Rantoul of Air Shows !

You shoud see the night act the ole Beech puts on...LOTs of pyro coming outta that thing!
-------------------------------------------------------
Reply:

that pyro show scared the b'geezus out of me...heard it b/4 I saw it !

A great time, we look forward to it every year !
We're having to make some difficult choices the last 2 years though; as fulltime DZ Staffers, seem to occur within a few weeks of each other: busiest jump time, Bear Paw Camping trips, EAA, Summerfest, Sturgis, or Couch Freaks [:/] The camping & EAA are just a few miles from home or DZ, so we get a day or 2 there, but this year we ARE taking a few days off to hit at least one of the other 'vacation spots' :ph34r:
My husband's never been to Sturgis...I think it's time I introduce him to it..." Buffalo Chip and Busts" B|

I love getting away from the show and out to the DZ for some peace & quiet a few times during the week...I'm usually the guy in the hangar, in front of the fan...asleep! ;):ph34r:

Edited to add: that's how I met Rev. Jim...he freakin' tripped over me, and woke me up! :D