KevinP

Windows Live Movie Maker Win7 OS

Hi all,

So I'm playing with Windows Live Movie Maker in Win 7. The video of my daughter's tandem jump was split into a few different clips. I loaded them all and saved it, but the transitions are still apparent, even in the single video that resulted. Does anyone know how to merge videos with this program? I looked online and didn't get anywhere, but one user suggested installing an earlier version (such as the WMM for XP). Is there no other way?

Thanks!
Sincerely,
Kevin

LOL Yeah, um, no professional software for me, thanks. I will never need that. My daughter (who makes a hobby of creating videos based on her favorite anime movies) found something that was less than $100, but even that isn't worth what I'll use it for.

Thanks for the input.
Sincerely,
Kevin

http://www.apple.com/imac/

This will solve all your video editing issues, at least for 99% of the home stuff that people do. If you want professional results, you have to invest in professional software and hardware

I appreciate the input, however if I were to consider dropping enough on this to buy a new system altogether, I'd buy software for what I already have. I'm not knocking Apple. One of my very good friends has one and loves it. I'm just not willing to invest very much to solve this little irritation.
Sincerely,
Kevin

IIRC, Win movie maker splits long clips into sections during import. Usually the transition is seamless if its just a split from a continuous clip. But if they're not, probably the easiest way to make it a bit nicer is to go into the "Tools > Video transitions" menu and drop in a simple cross fade between the two clips.

Plan B would be buy a copy of Sony Movie Studio off ebay for about $50.

My daughter expressed interest in Sony Movie Studio. I don't know if she ever bought it. I'll play with it some more and see what I can do.

I tried to upload what I had to youtube last night, but it said that video was copyright protected and not viewable in the US. So much for that. Not sure how I feel about buying a 5-minute video for a hundred bones and not being able to use it as I see fit, but I guess that's like buying a DVD for $20 and not being able to upload it.[:/]

Sincerely,
Kevin

There's always Bit Torrent. You can download pretty much any video editing package available with it. Of course it is illegal but it can be done.

Yeah, not so much. I am in a pretty good place right now and, albeit unlikely, getting caught up in a copyright investigation would pretty much screw up the next ten years of my life.

But, I do appreciate your input.
Sincerely,
Kevin

Ive used a lot of video editing applications in the past and while I've never used this one...just highlight the area to which you want to eliminate...then cut it...the area should go away...including the transition. Although this solution may vary from this application.