warpedskydiver

Movies That have Flaws

Today, I caught the last 30 minutes of the movie Redeye on tv.

The female lead was not surprisingly athletic and did not
have special martial arts training. Typical attractive victim.

However, she took things into her own hands and saved the day.
She overcame the villain and fought back in a manner
that a normal person would, with weapons of convenience.

Not a bad change.

It's about time...women need to be seen more in that image on the silver screen, so perhaps the affect will sink into to real life roles.
I'm not a women's advocate by any means & firmly believe the man wears the pants in the family & I gladly give the "head of the household' role to my husband...because he carries the role responsibly & takes into consideration what's in his, my & our best interests, in this role !
We compromise when it's a he said/she said stand off...while I gladly play the Susie Homemaker & Betty Crocker...among other roles :$
We compliment each other's character differences & teach each other from our personal life experiences. He treats me like a Queen, because he knows he is my King, but I also maintain my own personal identity & absolutely expect him to do the same !
However, I would never ever rely on anyone to carry my weight nor keep me upright...however, support; here in there is needed, at times!
The roles on screen & in day to day life anymore, seem to portray either a woman is in need & at the mercy of a man,( or Big Brother) to make her way & "rescue" her, or a man takes on a woman to pave his way & support his every whim.
Personal accountability & a self sufficient character is way too overlooked by the mediums...either you are a superhero, target, or victim !
It seems it's "Predator-v- Prey" society these days !
I would like to think we should all tune into our own resources, self preservation & master survival modes, without compromising decent humanity towards each other.
People like others misery, misery makes for watched movies, movies make money...& the wheels on the bus go round & round! [:/]

It's about time...women need to be seen more in that image on the silver screen, so perhaps the affect will sink into to real life roles.

Real life is different and younger women realize it.

Some people claim that men don't understand women.
I believe it is simple. "Control of their lives" - however that is defined.

My best friend is a woman who was recently appointed
to a VP position at another firm (no college, just hard work).

I see women achieving everywhere. However, movies
are the stuff of dreams. Sometimes, even the most
self-sufficient wants a little help. The movies are now
making it "us vs them, and we win" instead of "me vs them, with the guy saving me".

In an odd fashion, action movies are becoming romantic-action. They start to reflect the view that
younger women have of themselves.
In the 40s, the women of danger were nurses in a battle zone and that was the only way to portray that.
Now it is in all facets of life.

... & can get pretty ugly with a female's ongoing screams

I kinda like a female's ongoing screams. It tells me I might be doing something right.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."