jrmrangers

Whuffo transformation.....

When you feel the wind in your face and remember what it felt like at 120 miles an hour when it was so damn cold at altitude, but you didn't care because it was so awesome anyway and your lips were freezing but you couldn't stop smiling.

When you see a wind sock miles from the nearest dropzone, but start thinking about landing direction and wind speed.

When you get that whiff of Jet A and you think it's the best thing you've ever smelled.

When you hear that buzz that only comes from a turbine and start looking around for jump run.

When you hear a name, maybe not even the same person, but the name, and your mind goes back to your last day at the dropzone before you all got together for her ash dive.

When you can look up at the sky when its that perfect shade of blue, and think "damn, I wish I were up there!" no matter how long it's been.

Then you're a skydiver.

I've done a few tandems already and I'm starting the first jump course on Sunday. So my question is at what point does the transformation from whuffo to skydiver start? Is it like when the wolf man sees the moon kind of thing, or is it more subtle? Is it painful and does it ever where off?;):P;):P

After your first skydive! :)

Is a tandem a skydive? :)

I don't think it's right to call yourself a "skydiver" after a tandem... but (for me at least) that's where the 'transformation' began. :)
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----

once your account is clean empty, your credit cards are all maxed out, the girlfriend is shagging another guy from the dz, you havent had a shower in like a months time.. well, maybe then. :P

At the DZ you don't lose your girlfriend, you lose your turn .... with her! Also, on a un-related thougth, the idea behind over under started on the ground. Same thing for CRW rotations!
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!