ryoder

NPR / Ripcord / Jim Hall

I just heard Colorado NPR advertising an interview later today with Jim Hall, the co-creator of "Ripcord", who apparently lives in Aurora CO.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I just heard Colorado NPR advertising an interview later today with Jim Hall, the co-creator of "Ripcord", who apparently lives in Aurora CO.

2 B| !

Any idea on what time?

I can't find anything on it, then again I just got home and am time-zoned so the gray matter ain't clickin' yet! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I just checked their website and found nothing.
(I didn't catch the name of the program.)

I think they said they were going to play the interview sometime today, then again this evening.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I just checked their website and found nothing.
(I didn't catch the name of the program.)

I think they said they were going to play the interview sometime today, then again this evening.

I put Jim Hall in their search engine and 'Parachuting for Gold in Old Mexico' came up...but the clicky wouldn't link. :(

OK, that link to that page is broken, but the link to the MP3 works: http://media.cpr.org/audio/ColoradoMatters/2011/04/15/ZB_Parachuting_Book.32.mp3
B|

The book he is promoting: http://www.amazon.com/Parachuting-Gold-Old-Mexico-Hall/dp/0984279008

That's what I figured, the books been out a while, I already have a copy...Good read!~ B|

That's what I figured, the books been out a while, I already have a copy...Good read!~ B|

Sounds like his wife is not happy about some of his...uh...exploits in Mexico.:D

So does that book read like something that could make a good movie script?

I would say yes, it would make a good movie. There is a lot of sports history in it and sports history makers like Bobby Sinclair, Lyle Cameron and others.

Fidel Castro, Raul Castro, Emesto "Che" Guevara are also some of the people Jim Hall came across during his travels in Mexico. There is a lot of interesting history spin-off in this book.

I had lunch with Jim yesterday (Thursday). He didn't mention any interview. Did anyone hear it on NPR?
His book is a fun read! I recommend it to anyone interested in "skydiving the way it used to be".

Did anyone hear it on NPR?

The second broadcast is on right now.
The program is called "Colorado Matters", so I suspect it may not be broadcast outside CO.