SStewart

Strange email

I received this today, I have no idea who this is or how they got my email address. (It is not the same one I use here)
I work at a DZ but have nothing to do with scheduling or manifest. Seems like a scam but I can't figure out what their angle might be?

Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:20 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: sky diving trip

My name is Choi Hung ,

I wish to make an enquiry for 6 guests with your company. Could you please confirm if you can provide these services below:

1. Sky Diving
2. Accommodation
3. ( a) Arrival May 16th 2011
(b) Departure: 26th May 2011
4. Number of guests: 6 adults
5. Mode of Payment: Master/Visa Card
Please note that we are flexible with our dates , you can get back to me with the dates
that you have available.

please email me; [email protected]
I shall be waiting for your prompt response.
Choi Hung
Onward and Upward!

If these people are legit they will be sending their correspondence to specific Drop Zones. All DZs have "contact us" email addresses prospective customers can use. When you reply to an unsolicited email query, you are telling the person on the other end "I am real, I am here, I am active" and they can start using whatever information they have on you, against you.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

It's a scam that has come up before. They schedule, pay in advance with the CC#, and then cancel soon after. They want the refund sent directly to them, not credited to the CC#, which is either stolen or counterfeit.
You've sent the refund, then you don't get paid for the original payment. It isn't any smarter than the "Cashier's Check for more than the amount, Western Union me back the difference" scams. I find it hard to believe that people still fall for these, but I guess they must or they wouldn't keep on doing them.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I received this today, I have no idea who this is or how they got my email address. (It is not the same one I use here)
I work at a DZ but have nothing to do with scheduling or manifest. Seems like a scam but I can't figure out what their angle might be?

Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:20 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: sky diving trip

My name is Choi Hung ,

I wish to make an enquiry for 6 guests with your company. Could you please confirm if you can provide these services below:

1. Sky Diving - We don't sky dive, we skydive. We don't fracture words, just bones
2. Accommodation - Otters, Beavers, Cessnas ; seasonal
3. ( a) Arrival May 16th 2011 - i.e. Landing, after departure
(b) Departure: 26th May 2011 - Always before arrival, see above
4. Number of guests: 6 adults Guests and adults are mutually exclusive terms in skydiving
5. Mode of Payment: Master/Visa Card SKYRIDE
Please note that we are flexible with our dates , you can get back to me with the dates
that you have available. We are flexible with out dates too. My last girlfriend was a gymnast, and she was very flexible and available

please email me; [email protected] Transvestite emails are not acceptable, if you are hung and have a 37C, I am not interested
I shall be waiting for your prompt response. Confucius: patience is a virtue
Choi Hung

Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

If these people are legit they will be sending their correspondence to specific Drop Zones. All DZs have "contact us" email addresses prospective customers can use. When you reply to an unsolicited email query, you are telling the person on the other end "I am real, I am here, I am active" and they can start using whatever information they have on you, against you.

Good point.
Life expands or contracts in proportion to one's courage. ~Anais Nin