Glitch

Bambi on the spit....

Anyone care to share their favorite receipe for venison backstrap? I have a nice one sitting in my freezer and would hate to muck it up. ...And I just can't bring myself to making sausage out of it either. So whats your suggestions?
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

There is no fat on Venison tenderloins.

It is not a backstrap, it is a tenderloin, call it by its real name.

I roll mine in olive oil and fresh ground black pepper, seal salt and garlic.

Then I sear it on the outside and remove from the heat, let rest for 10 minutes and slice across at an canted angle of about 30 degrees, you get the tenderness of the meat, great flavor and have not overcooked it, it should be cooked no more than medium rare.

Well excuse the fuck outta all of us.>:(

I'll have to re-read, but I could swear the OP asked about backstrap, not tenderloin.

Thank you, however, for sharing your delicious sounding venison preparation tips.

You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

It is not a backstrap, it is a tenderloin, call it by its real name.
I roll mine in olive oil and fresh ground black pepper, seal salt and garlic.

Well.... if ya wanna get all technical... It's a loin. It's the big f'n loin on the outside of the ribs... AKA the "backstrap". If it were the smaller loin on the inside of the ribs, it would still be a 'loin' but would commonly be refered to as a 'tenderloin'.

All that shit aside... around these parts (where pickem up trucks are made for getting dirty, shotguns and rifles are thought of as basic tools, and the gals don't mind getting their hands dirty and they wouldn't be caught dead getting a mani-pedi...) You don't call the backstrap a f'n tenderloin unless you wanna get poked fun at while your killing a case of Budweiser (and before ya talk shit about our choice of beer... just remember that we went from our mama's tit to a can of bud... :$ )

As an additional aside... I can certainly cook the damn thing and I'm sure it'd be delicious. I'm looking for something a little different is all, but not so different that i gotta go out and get some 'seal salt'. :P

Sorry about the confusion...
Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

Pound back strap thin and cut into 4" strips. spread with cream cheese add a few pickled jalapeno slices roll it up and add bacon strip to the outside and secure with a tooth pick and grill.
In the swamp we call them "Bambi Pops."

The only thing I miss about jumping rounds is getting driven into the ground like a stake.

POP'S 9817 SOS 1172