grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

The Flyers traded their two top centers. They're going to make a move to youth it looks like, and behind a pretty good goalie.

The Kings just got better, but I hated to see Symmonds and Schenn go. Mike Richards is a good start, I hope Lombardi gets some more scoring help.

Hope everyone gets what they want in the off season!!

Well, it isn't a Stanley Cup, but Lidstrom wins (yawn) another Norris.

For those of you who aren't counting, that's 7 in a 19-yr (so far) career. Pretty awesome stuff.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Big trades....Richards and Carter gone from Philly.

Devin Setoguchi traded from the Sharks to the Wild the day after he signed a 3 yr 9m deal...that was a surprise!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I got what I wanted last week when the Sharks signed Seto to three more years. And then I woke up this morning to find they traded him. [:/]

It's going to be hard to not root for Seto to beat that new defensemen repeatedly when the Sharks play the Wild next year. Really hard.

Stupid fucking Sharks.

Hey Bytch, I heard from a family friend who follows the Wild very closely (he has played a lot of hockey, and is always way into the NHL) that he thinks the trade was a good one. He thought that this D-man was a very talented one, and should really bring something to the team. Gritty, good work ethic, likes to make plays happen. He also said Seto wasn't very consistent, which the Sharks need more of. Personally, I think Seto was a high price, but feel better after hearing about this new guy.
Excited to see him in action!

I got what I wanted last week when the Sharks signed Seto to three more years. And then I woke up this morning to find they traded him. [:/]

It's going to be hard to not root for Seto to beat that new defensemen repeatedly when the Sharks play the Wild next year. Really hard.

Stupid fucking Sharks.

What do you think of Heatley for Havlat?
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

What do you think of Heatley for Havlat?

Real happy with that trade. Heater hasn't done much for the Sharks considering how much he was getting paid.

yes, seems like the consensus is that overall, getting Burns and Havlat will be an improvement for the Sharks. I know that letting Setoguchi go was tough, he is a good young player with his best years likely ahead of him but if defense was a higher priority then it should turn out to be a good move. I guess we'll see next year.

I am interested in seeing how the Sabres do next year...they have a new owner willing to spend some cash and have made a couple of big upgrades already. I have always thought that Lindy Ruff is one of the best coaches in the NHL who has gotten the best out of the limited hands he has had to work with.
--
Murray