JerseyShawn

Paypal is crap.

Anyone have problems with paypal recently? They take the buyers payment and make you (the seller) wait 21 days before you can have access to it. Used to be you have access to your money right away.

They claim after 3 business days after the package is received by the buyer with no disputes they'll release your money. After calling twice (after the 3 day grace period) I get the same bullshit they fed me the last call. Saying they're doing an investigation. Past 3 transactions were the same for me. Last 7 or 8 years not one problem with them getting my money.

http://paypalcomplaints.org/paypal-holding-funds/....
.....seems Im not the only one:|

Any of yous have problems with these jerks buying and selling on DZ.com?

Any alternatives to buying and selling (not using paypal)?

I haven't received money for more than two years, but prior to that it was always available immediately. I've never heard a complaint from anyone I've sent money to and I use it for that all the time.

I was impressed with the customer service a while back when I saw activity on my account that wasn't mine. Someone had gotten in and requested $100 be withdrawn from my checking and added to my paypal balance, which they would have then been able to send to themselves or spend. Thankfully I saw the email notification that the request had been made and flagged it before the money came out of my account.
Killing threads since 2004.

Any of yous have problems with these jerks buying and selling on DZ.com?

Any alternatives to buying and selling (not using paypal)?

Nope, I just sold a reserve and bought another reserve, also bought a used main; used PayPal for all transactions and had no trouble as buyer or seller.

As for alternatives, I've also recently done two other transactions where I was the buyer using a personal check in both cases. One's for a small enough amount that even though I don't know the buyer, I'm not too worried - I'm comfortable enough that the guy's legit, but if it goes south it won't be a massive deal.

The other was for a very large transaction, but since the seller and I know each other and he's got a pretty major rep to uphold within the industry, a personal check worked for both of us (and in fact I just got the gear today, exactly as promised).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

...so you're saying I shouldn't use Paypal to launder large million-dollar sums out to my offshore accounts?

Dang. I'm getting sick of all these bills hanging around my place while they dry.

On topic: I have an account but have only used it a couple times, and always as a buyer rather than seller. As a buyer, I think Paypal works for what it's good for: small sales.

Elvisio "your account number is 123456? That's the same as the combination on my luggage!" Rodriguez

I used paypal to buy my main on DZ.com, no problems for the seller. Don't know why paypal is stiffing me. They can take my dues right away and then make me wait for my money:|

Good idea, checks for small stuff. Big stuff, my rigger can be the third party.

Peace out paypal! Beeotch.

Been buying and selling stuff on eBay all year via PayPal only and have not encountered the issue you described. My only inconvenience with them is that I can only shift $500 per month out of the account if I want to (it's not my "bank" per se)...
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Do you have a credit card connected to the account? I wonder if it has something to do with being able to recoup their money if something happens and the sender's payment is bogus. I have always had a checking, savings and credit card attached to my paypal as long as I've been using the site.

Just a guess.

Kind of like being able to deposit checks via a cell phone and having the money available immediately.. The bank only allows it if you have a credit card or loan with them, that way if the check bounces and you've already spent the money they can still get it back from you.
Killing threads since 2004.

I just sold two items, one on ebay and one through the classifieds here. The ebay item sold on the 8th, but the funds will not be available through paypal until the 26th. The payment from the classifieds on this site was instant. I don't understand the distinction, but it really is annoying since the ebay item arrived two days ago and the buyer is happy with it.

I just sold two items, one on ebay and one through the classifieds here. The ebay item sold on the 8th, but the funds will not be available through paypal until the 26th. The payment from the classifieds on this site was instant. I don't understand the distinction, but it really is annoying since the ebay item arrived two days ago and the buyer is happy with it.

I ran into this was ebay and paypal selling some motorcycle parts recently. The money will actaully be released fairly soon, they hold for a couple days after the item is deliverd, and I think the idea is to minimze the hassle if the buyer wants to file a complaint. This was they just keep holding the money during the complaint as opposed to having to take it back if there's a problem.

You do have to fill out the shipping info (tracking number, etc) with paypal so they know the status. I also think this is limited to those with a low number of transactions with ebay, or for higher dollar items. When my funds were held, I had less than 25 sales on ebay, and the item was over $1000. Either way, 3 or 4 days after it arrived, the funds cleared, and it was two weeks before their 'projected' date.

Overall I get it, I was a little annoyed that I only found out about it after it happened. Paypal knows about my ebay status, and could have noted my account that funds over 'x' would be held until my ebay account met with their satisfaction. AS soon as earlier this year I had a couple sales in the $700 to $800 range with no problems, but I couldn't get my hands on this $1045 until I shipped the stuff all the way to Ca.

The other trick is that they will release the shipping amount right away if you print your shipping label through them. It doesn't cost more to print it there, and they'll release whatever funds you charged for shipping in the auction so you don't have to go out-of-pocket to pay for shipping. Of course, I offered a deal on my item for free shipping if they used 'buy it now', so my shipping charge was $0 on the auction, and I had to cough up $95 to ship the thing to Ca (it was 92lbs).

Again, it's not a terrible or unreasonable system if you know how it works, but they're not very up front about their policies.

One thing that does bug me about ebay and paypal (keeping in mind that ebay owns paypal) is that paypal dings you for their 'fees' right away. You should be able to recieve money from ebay with no 'fees' to paypal, and spend that money back at ebay with no penalty. Ebay is already making 10% off the sale of the item, so if I want to sell something on ebay, then turn around and spend the money back at ebay, I should be able to with no paypal fees. If I want to take that money and send it to a person, or withdraw it as cash, THEN take your fees out, but if the money comes from your 'store', and I'm going to spend it back at your 'store', then give me a break on the fees.

Same thing here. This rolling reserve is crap and not fair. They're making money on interest, not to mention $40 for me selling a $300 item on eBay. I'd love to see a class action lawsuit against this "crime". :D

All 3 of my recent transactions were under "investigation". They said they wanted to make sure the buyers were happy. Said if the buyers called Paypal and confirmed the transactions to be satisfactory they could release my money. Paypal returned ALL the money to the buyers!:|, even though I provided tracking numbers that showed the product was delivered. All the buyers agreed to sending me a cashiers check, but 2 of the 3 buyers have to wait 21 days to get their funds back now. WTF!

Paypal is probably not doing well and trying to make up money with interests, but don't fuck your sellers and buyers.

Closed my paypal and ebay account. Craigslist it is.

At the California State Record yesterday, P3 said they are no longer accepting Paypal for the Dubai world record payments. They didn't go into details other than to say that Paypal isn't releasing their money.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...