skymama

Forget the NFL, who's excited about College Football?

If football games were only 2 quarters then TAMU would be ranked #1. Too bad there's 2 more quarters.[:/]

Yeah, now that TAMU is joining the SEC next year, don't expect Nick Saban to be as forthcoming if the Aggies ask him how to make a team last all four quarters. :D

Alabama decided to really put an emphasis on finishing games this season after the way they lost their games last year, particularly to Auburn. That one really pissed me off. >:( Alabama raced to a 24-0 lead into the 2nd quarter, and all of a sudden they couldn't do anything on offense nor could they stop Auburn from rallying for a 28-27 win. Bastards... I still think the NCAA is going to hammer them anyhow. :|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I can't wait to have Alabama at Kyle Field. The SEC has similar outlooks to school pride and football that TAMU has. Steeped in history and tradition, the student body at TAMU (and The Former Students) are beyond the best in Texas. This is going to be FUN!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm psyched that LSU has been #1 for the past the weeks, but I always worry about getting into that position and having to hold it for the rest of the season. I think we're going to beat FL this weekend too.

The LSU #7 is the one to watch. He is so agile and tricky with his moves! There's already been some Heisman talk about him.

I'm a little nervous about the Bama/LSU game. It's going to be a tough one for both sides!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I can't wait to have Alabama at Kyle Field. The SEC has similar outlooks to school pride and football that TAMU has. Steeped in history and tradition, the student body at TAMU (and The Former Students) are beyond the best in Texas. This is going to be FUN!

Maybe someday, I'll invite you over here when they play at Alabama, and vice versa. ;)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm psyched that LSU has been #1 for the past the weeks, but I always worry about getting into that position and having to hold it for the rest of the season. I think we're going to beat FL this weekend too.

The LSU #7 is the one to watch. He is so agile and tricky with his moves! There's already been some Heisman talk about him.

I'm a little nervous about the Bama/LSU game. It's going to be a tough one for both sides!

Yep, that's Tyrann Mathieu. He's kind of on the small side, but plays BIG. He definitely has a chip on his shoulders. Always has a nose for where the ball is. Very adept at causing fumbles and/or scooping the ball up. What Alabama is going to have to do to neutralize him is secure the ball high and tight, and protect the QB on passing plays, and if Mathieu is defending the pass, throw it to the opposite side. ;) Though I can't understand how he got saddled with that "Honey Badger" moniker. :D:D:D

Probably not the best person to reply to, but TEXAS-OU WEEKEND in Dallas!! :D 4-0 vs. 4-0!

And I'm pulling for Texas, believe it or not! :S I don't have high hopes for the Longhorns pulling off the upset though, I believe the Sooners will win.

Then again, I did not see South Carolina losing to Auburn! :S

Just got this picture from a friend. Thought it was funny. Gator fans won't think so. :ph34r:

RB Trent Richardson may have gotten on the Heisman Trophy watchlist. He has amassed over 200 total yards in each of the last two games, against Arkansas and Florida, including 180+ yards rushing against the Gators. He is now 4th in the country in rushing yards and ranks right up there in touchdowns scored with 10 rushing and 1 receiving, and that latter one was a short screen pass that he took the distance for 61 yards against Arkansas. What's scary is, I don't think we've seen his best effort yet!

Probably not the best person to reply to, but TEXAS-OU WEEKEND in Dallas!! :D 4-0 vs. 4-0!

And I'm pulling for Texas, believe it or not! :S I don't have high hopes for the Longhorns pulling off the upset though, I believe the Sooners will win.

Then again, I did not see South Carolina losing to Auburn! :S

I can't wait to watch that game on the Longhorn Network...oh, wait, I can't, literally no one carries that piece of crap money scheme!

Oklahoma travels to Dallas and stomps all over the Long Horns 55-17. I know you are an Aggies fan, not a Longhorns person, but dang are the Sooners really this good or is TX over rated? Maybe a little of both.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=312810251

OU is good and t.u. is over rated. McCoy v2.0 was thought to be the 2nd coming, but he's just not that good.

Good thing the game wasn't on the new Longhorn Network, or no one would have seen it (since nearly no carriers will pick it up)!

Texas is that bad! I love Saturday's when the Longhorn nation is not afforded the opportunity to play that stupid "I've been working on the railroad" song. Now if Texas Tech can wreck the Aggies it will be a great Saturday!

Wreck 'em!

Coach Sherman has let it be known that Tech fans vandalized the TAMU team buses with red and black paint. They also spread manuer over the outside and through the inside of the buses.

Way to stay classy Tech. You have the worst fans in all of the Big 12.

http://www.theeagle.com/am/Aggies--buses-vandalized-in-Lubbock?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheEagleRegionAndState+%28The+Eagle+Local%29

Dude you don't have to remind me. They are all drunk. But thanks for the play by play. ESPN.com is running slow for me this morning.

Sarcastic AND angry? You must have gone to Tech...

:D

Maybe if you guys are nice, you'll get a chance to have a game broadcast on the Longhorn Network!

HAHAHAHA!

Looks like A&M beat Tech.

On another front, I don't particularly like the Cornhuskers (in fact I very much dislike them), but I also don't like the Buckeyes. But great comeback by Nebraska to take the lead in the 4th QTR. Of course the game is not over and I definitely do not want to eat crow, at least not yet. Back to the Nebraska/Ohio State game.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Nebraska sets a school record tonight. Their largest comeback win, coming back from 21 points. I am kind of surprised it was only 21 points. Then again I guess the Cornhuskers rarely find themselves down. Dang I hate Nebraska ... of course I hate Ohio State even more. LOL ... :ph34r:

Go Big XII ... wait isn't it the Big X now? but there is already a Big X hence the reason why they continue to call themselves the Big XII despite only being 10 teams. Maybe next season they will be calling themselves the Big IX. Oh confusing days in the NCAA ... but what do you expect from (my favorite football league) who does not use a proper playoff system. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

The Texas Tech fans could arguably be the worst bunch of college football fans in the entire country when it comes to behavior. Plenty of other instances where they embarrassed the school.

I realize I'm starting in on this threat a little late...

OU is good and t.u. is over rated. McCoy v2.0 was thought to be the 2nd coming, but he's just not that good.

As an avid (or rabid) OU fan, I don't think we're THAT good yet although the team is really starting to sync up. Texas is terribly overrated this year. Their 4 wins are against teams that most people yawn at when watching their games. They even struggled against BYU. They've played 20+ freshmen this season already and can't seem to focus on the fact that they're using a rotating quarterback system - a system that generally fails. They've also got 6 new assistant coaches with 2 of them being coordinators.

Their offensive coordinator (Bryan Harsin) is the same guy that pulled it over on Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago with all of the trick plays. He only got away with one this week against OU and I solidly believe Bob Stopps was out to rub it in his face...hence why our starters were still in the game in the 4th quarter.

OU isn't a #1 team yet...we still have work to do but I believe as long as we handle that team that has seceded to the SEC and OSU on Dec 3 we'll be there. The polls just came out and we are still #3 in the AP and #1 in the Coaches Poll.

A&M going to SEC...See ya. Their feelings got hurt over over the whole longhorn tv channel and they wouldn't even take calls from Univ President W. Powers when they began talking about bailing out of the Big 12. I'm not a fan over the fact that TU has their own tv channel. I think that's a direct result of Texas throwing their money around when Nebraska and Colorado both bailed and threatening the stability of what remained of the conference. And now TCU comes to the Big 12? I see invitations going out to BYU and God forbid possibly SMU and Tulane. Thoughts everybody?
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail