npgraphicdesign

What's the most time you'd be willing to devote to a work commute?

Depends on the job really i was a field service computer engineer for 6 years and covered all my country so i could perhaps drive to be onsite for 7am meaning 3 hours or a internal flight to some island based customers. Funnily enough that didn't bother me.

later on in life i was employed as a media librarian for a bang group running their computer hall and atm back ups. That took 45 mins to a hour on the equivalent of your free-way and i hated it as it was no fun during rush hour. My last job was 10 mins and that was ideal :)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

I've been in the same job for 22 years. I have a 15 minute commute each way (yes, even in WINTER when the roads are SHIT - I don't work the regular hours that most do heading into campus - I work an hour earlier).

I'm lucky that I LOVE my job and have no intention of leaving it until I retire in about 10 years.

After a commute like that, I couldn't imagine having one that took longer. I can leave work at 330pm, head towards home, hit the grocery store and still be home before 4pm.
'Shell

I commute anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on traffic that day (the traffic in Seoul is not predictable at all). Oh and I am a volunteer, not a paid employee. However, the experience I'm getting is killer, and will hopefully help me get into my desired grad program. I'm learning so much in what will hopefully be my future career field.

The nice thing is I don't have to drive if I don't want to, so I can read a book/take a nap/whatever if I choose to ride the bus or subway.

Valinda makes jumpsuits. What kind of sewing do you do?

At one time or other, I have done some of everything; apparel (including a fair amount of tailoring), and since Mike was a career Marine I have a huge amount of home decor experience. Jump-related, I have made jumpsuits as well. For a while I had a good side-business making Skull Caps which were very popular with both jumpers and bikers.

Lately, I haven't been sewing as much because I have been painting again. That means my commute is 15 seconds long. Now, that's a good deal. :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

The nice thing is I don't have to drive if I don't want to, so I can read a book/take a nap/whatever if I choose to ride the bus or subway.

Years ago, living in Salt Lake City, I lived in the burbs and worked downtown, so I rode the bus everyday, half hour each way. I loved the down time, reading a book or taking a nap. Many of the same people rode the same bus everyday, so you got to know each other a little. One day someone woke me up from a nap, saying "Here's your stop.":DB|

A lot of cute girls rode that bus too. :)