Kid_Icarus

Which do you tighten first

I generally try to do the chest strap first, but there are times that I am rushing or distracted and do the leg straps first. I always do a full check at least twice before getting on the plane, however, and I never get on the plane unless I am ready to get out that instant. All straps are tight when I get on and they stay tight until I land. For a while I would not even remove my helmet during flight, but I no longer do that.

Mike

If you jump a javelin Derek recommended to me that I tighten the chest strap first. I sometimes forget and have to loosed the leg straps and slide the rig up for a better fit. I'm not sure what it changes but the rig seems to sit higher on me if I do that first.

Derek told me the exact same thing. Legs first can pull the entire harness too low on the body.

That's my routine, legs, chest, 3 & 3...
With the addition of one mor 3, helmet, gogles, alti.
the easier the math for me the better so I like the 3s.

This weekend I added your "helmet, goggles, alti" check of threes, after almost leaving my goggles on the floor the last weekend I jumped (thought they were around my neck)... I think I will continue to use this... Thanks for sharing...

I thread my chest strap with my goggles between the silver and the elastic, then tighten the legstraps, then board the plane. While climbing I'll be holding my helmet, so in an emergency I could always jump as I am and just hold the helmet in freefall. I have seen people go so far as to be packing their pilot chute after boarding the plane, have to say I wish they'd take our lives more seriously though.

Leg straps first, part of routine. Will consider changing the order having read the posts.