Salsa_John

Merlin Suits

Just wanted to give credit where credit is due. I ordered a jumpsuit on Dec 6 and I had it on Dec 29. I understand the wait time is usually 4-6 weeks. They were very friendly and informative when I called with a couple of questions and called me to let me know when my suit would be ready.

The suit looks great and fits perfectly. Check the avatar.

Kudos to Christine and PJ

"You did what?!?!"

MUFF #3722, TDSM #72, Orfun #26, Nachos Rodriguez

My team had them. 3 of them blew apart in less than 100 jumps.

If you look on the old cover of Paragear "The 4 way next to a cloud by Kent" you can see one of the jumpsuits arms is blown open.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I have a Merlin suit that I put about 300 jumps and probably 20 or so hours of tunnel on and it's still in great shape. The only reason I got a new suit was so our team could have matching suits. I am extremely happy with my Merlin RW suit.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

My team had them. 3 of them blew apart in less than 100 jumps.

If you look on the old cover of Paragear "The 4 way next to a cloud by Kent" you can see one of the jumpsuits arms is blown open.

Funny, I got one of your team suits and I just put my 2500th skydive on it, only problem is its faded.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Funny, I got one of your team suits and I just put my 2500th skydive on it, only problem is its faded.

Then you remember Niklas suit blowing up on the Arm? Or how mine and Carlos's suit's knees blew out? Or how Carlos's zipper broke AT NATIONALS?

My suit had less than 100 jumps, Carlos's suit had maybe 60.

They may be good suits, and I will admit that I liked the design, but the quality of the materials and the construction was not very good.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Merlin RW suits are great. I am on my third Pro-Comp, and even though they cost about $350, they are worth it. I have had fit problems, but Christine rectifies that. The service has always been slow for me (like if they promise 4-6 weeks, it is more like 8-9 weeks. I do get my suits though, and just take that in account when I order (I afford extra time).
I bought a Merlin FF suit once though, I wasn't too impressed. I still have it, and it is in good shape with probably 500 jumps on it. My next FF suit was a ZuteSute, and since I got that (a 2-piece model), the Merlin doesn't seem so bad.
I have hours in the tunnel and hundreds of jumps on the merlin RW suit(s) and never had a failure other than the bootie toe wearing a hole in it, which happens to everyone's suits. I have sold two old suits for $150 apiece, which testifies to their quality, (plus I keep good care of them).
I will continue to buy Merlin RW suits, and am considering a camera suit as well.
Troy

I am now free to exercise my downward mobility.