iluvtofly

Fingers Crossed!!!!

So today I went WAY out of my comfort zone and basically asked to move to the other department in my company, which is basically asking for a small promotion. Typically, I just sit back, work my ass off, and HOPE they'll offer me a better position. But today I decided to be pro-active about it. And as of right now it looks like it might pay off.

The VP of the company is very excited that I'm eager to learn/do more in the company. The supervisor in the other department is excited about the idea of having me. My current supervisor, although she's not going to deter me from leaving, is obviously not to pleased to lose me (which I take as a HUGE compliment). My current supervisor has said in the past that if I ever left she would have to hire 2 people to do my work. :D

Well, a little while ago, a guy in my department started asking me specifics about the state that I cover and what all is involved in it. (It's the most complicated state that we have.) He told me that they gave him 2 days to decide whether or not he wants to do it. Now, although I have not heard anything definitive from the higher ups, I'm taking this as a very good sign that I'm going to get the new position.

So fingers crossed for me that stepping out of my comfort zone is going to pay off. I've put off asking for the promotion for a year now due to fear of failure at the new position, and fear of rejection of them not giving it to me. I'm both excited and nervous about this all working out and all the changes that will come with it. Hopefully they don't leave me hanging too long without a definitive answer. :)

Don't tell me...

You listed "professional-grade jello shots" on your resume'.

bwahaha!!

good luck tho!! :)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Good luck hooker!

I actually just got a call about a possible job or two... may be a small step up from where I was back when you and Jo hated me before, but hey, I've been unemployed for 5 months!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Well...I got the new job! Still waiting to hear about a raise (I botched that conversation so who knows what's going to happen). The big thing now is getting moved over. My boss had already been procrastinating on filling another position, so now she's scrambling to try to fill mine too. I think everyone in my current department is kinda pissed at me for leaving cause it's going to increase their work load significantly trying to cover it until they get someone new. But, oh well. I had to do what's best for me for a change. I'm excited. :)

Best of luck!!! I crossed my balls for you
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

actually its supposed to be excruciating. i have a story i'll tell you one day about when i had to have an ultrasound done on my balls because i thought i had one. turned out to be something slightly less painful and no where near as serious from lifting something then dropping it and catching it again before it fell.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicular_torsion
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"