Pammi

Making online vids...

Can anyone give me an idea of how I could convert a video from tape to an online format for windows media players? I got a couple this weekend of my jumps I'd love to do it with but am not really sure how to go about it...?
Pammi

To begin, the correct hardware is needed. I have a Voodoo3 3500 that has tv inputs/outputs etc. There are many other cards that are able to do this, too. Also, depending on your camcorder you may be able to output directly to your computer via Firewire. If you have the hardware, then more then likely it came with capturing software and has instructions on how to capture video and edit it once it is captured. :)AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

Well-LOL- from tapew its a little tricky and expensive/ takes up much file space. You'll need a really good preogram like ADOBE GOlive(really expensive) to edit/optimize the frames of the movie, a computer-(duh) with a TV card / capture abilities, and a good VCR. Then you have to learn how to use it all.
Alot of $$$ and effort for a weekend worth of video, maybe you could get your video gurus to download it to a computer based format while its digital. Then all you need is a free program like Real Producer, (plays with real player), or any good pc cam software will get it into a windows format for you. (AVI'S are huge files)
hope that helps
D.Chisolm C-28534
[email protected]
http://www.sunraydesigns.com

They are huge, I put one of my jumps on the net for a friend to see...well, it ended up being 31mb even after optimizing it! Not bad if your chill'n with some bandwidth love, but for the other half of the 'net with a dial-up that sucks. :)AggieDave '02
-------------
BTHO t.u.

Wow, didn't realize it would be that complicated (and possibly expensive). I think I'll let this one pass and just make everyone watcht the tape! I really only wanted it for that same sort of reason, so my family and such back home could see it...but I'll just take it up with me the next time I go! I *am* however going to try to get a still off of the tape from a shot he got of me landing right as the sun was going down...it was gorgeous! I just love sunset loads!
Pammi

Oh, you might try calling around to some local computer shops, they may have a computer with the hardware/software and would be willing to do it for a few $'s. There may be a multimedia shop in town also (there's one in Sherman(near SDD)). I bet it wouldn't cost too much to get one of them to do it. :)AggieDave '02
-------------
BTHO t.u.

Go to downloads.com for any programs you might think you would need. They have hundreds to thousands of FREE downloadable software. Even the likes of new Microsoft updates and cracks for pirated software.
Just thought I would help.
Arohanui,
B:P
NZPF A-2584